Favourite post work out snack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat you to it ;)

AA gives a great breakdown of scientific research and I'd advise anybody that is interested in expanding their knowledge of nutrition to subscribe to his research review, it's only like $10 a month.
yer he's very good, written in laymans terms too so easy to understand.

"Eating an average of 25 to 30 grams each meal is ideal," says Lischin

highly respected menhealth journalist. End of the day it looks to be articles on both sides of the ''myth''.

Regularly appears in menshealth though
the paradox is that menshealth tends to be thought of as a rag with sports science experts. It was just a tongue in cheek joke anyway.

Not my job to make people believe certain research over others, can't be arsed anymore to be honest.

Last edited:
this is the most sophisticated and well informed debate on this forum ever...

:lol: never seen academics being used to back up arguments on here before

the paradox is that menshealth tends to be thought of as a rag with sports science experts. It was just a tongue in cheek joke anyway.

Not my job to make people believe certain research over others, can't be arsed anymore to be honest.

probably cause its the most popular

:lol: never seen academics being used to back up arguments on here before

probably cause its the most popular
tbf even a quick scan of their forum you can find the lads on there saying the magazine is shite. :lol: they must hate it

The thing with science is that you will have journals, books, papers trying to undermine each others work. The truth may be out there but finding it is a very different matter. Don't believe everything you read

The thing with science is that you will have journals, books, papers trying to undermine each others work. The truth may be out there but finding it is a very different matter. Don't believe everything you read

Another issue with science can be funding, research costs money and the right amount of money can buy you the right results. I would love to think science was incorruptible but that is far from true.

salad dodger said:
Another issue with science can be funding, research costs money and the right amount of money can buy you the right results. I would love to think science was incorruptible but that is far from true.

Agree with this 100%.

That's why I give a physiological explanation, an empirical argument and a peer reviewed study

hence why i don't offer much advice anymore. People aren't easily swayed from the first thing they read. All i would ask is for people to read further articles with an open mind.

you work in the fitness industry (serious question)?

You should be able to critically appraise the work in the papers to assess whether or not the results really support the conclusions. Plus on a very basic level, you know that a health paper published in a respected journal like Nature is likely to be more reliable than one published in a free to access journal you've never heard of before.

That's why you actually have to read the original research, not just go on someone's interpretation of it. It's important to look at who funded it, i.e. independently funded research is probably more reliable than research carried out by the company that makes the product being tested. The methodology should be a good indicator of how reliable the conclusions are also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back