Favourite crimes

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
What are people's favourite crimes?
I don't mean things like speeding/shoplifting/benefit fraud, the stuff of everyday people.

Not to find them heroic or glamourous. Ones which interest you and have a good story or are something you enjoy out of morbid curiosity, ones with lots of documentaries and stuff about them.
For example I've watched and read loads of stuff about Fred West and the Yorkshire Ripper, loads of mafia stuff as well but that's a separate genre really.

Looking for any good ones I may not be aware of

Some of the ones I have an interest in...

Hatton Garden
Fred West
Yorkshire Ripper
Yellow Sam betting coup
The Night Stalker

There’s a series called heist on Netflix where normal people (ie not career criminals) commit really audacious robberies/thefts. Some just do their planning from google.

Been getting into I could murder a podcast on youtube main ones that have fascinated me are:

Savile
The West's
Albert Fish (they are all fucked up as hell, but had to pause this one because his described antics were turning my stomach :oops: :lol:)

Last edited:
Mafia
Drug lords
Bank jobs

loads of great films and documentaries based on the above.

Don’t particularly like really heart wrenching stuff and terrorist documentaries it plays on my mind.

What are people's favourite crimes?
I don't mean things like speeding/shoplifting/benefit fraud, the stuff of everyday people.

Not to find them heroic or glamourous. Ones which interest you and have a good story or are something you enjoy out of morbid curiosity, ones with lots of documentaries and stuff about them.
For example I've watched and read loads of stuff about Fred West and the Yorkshire Ripper, loads of mafia stuff as well but that's a separate genre really.

Looking for any good ones I may not be aware of

Some of the ones I have an interest in...

Hatton Garden
Fred West
Yorkshire Ripper
Yellow Sam betting coup
The Night Stalker

Khashoggi's final moments are captured in audio recordings, transcripts of which were subsequently made public. The Turkish investigation concluded that Khashoggi had been strangled as soon as he entered the consulate building, and that his body was dismembered and disposed of.

I've got no favourites as such but do find stuff interesting. I've watched a few of these in the link below and the ones below are ones I'd tell people to watch.

American Murder: The Family Next Door
Night Stalker: The Hunt For a Serial Killer
Sophie: A Murder in West Cork
Murder by the Coast
Evil Genius
This Is A Robbery
The Ripper
The Sons of Sam: A descent into darkness
Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta?
The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez