Fathers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a Dar.
So to the dads on here, do you's enjoy it?

Do you expect much? Or get much?

I didn't even realise it is fathers day today. I'm working away and its not celebrated over here so it simply hasn't flagged on my radar. I'll get in touch with my boys later when they are up.

It never used to exist, at least not in the 1970s/80s. Last throw of the dice from the dying greeting cards industry, which amazingly came up trumps.
they won;t rest till every bloody day has somthing hanging on it so they can rake in the cash the bassas

Dad of two. Just another day. Would rather the kids spent their pocket money on themselves instead of lining the pockets of Hallmark etc. It all changed for me years ago when I saw a card that said (this is true) "To Grandad on Mothers Day". I avoid buying cards whenever possible now.

A card and a nice bottle of red off the bairn, I'm not arsed about the day tbh, just another commercial venture. I'll pop into the pub today and buy me fatha a pint.

Got no interest in it however my sister in law is putting on a fried breakfast buffet for us so it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back