Fatal Accident Outside Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

maghater

Striker
Driving on A177 North of Bowburn going into Durham, looks like a car has left the road, floral tributes etc., looks like it happened a a day or two ago, but nothing on the internet. Doesn't look good

Driving on A177 North of Bowburn going into Durham, looks like a car has left the road, floral tributes etc., looks like it happened a a day or two ago, but nothing on the internet. Doesn't look good
Noticed that today, but nothing anywhere. Could imagine a wet road could've sent someone off on the bend up the hill.

I've been told it was a drunk driver went off the road and crashed. They rang the police then did a runner when they discover a man under the car.

Why are there always accidents around Bowburn?
Some people drive like absolute goons along the A177, especially coming towards the city where it's downhill.

I guess most of the "accidents" you hear about at Bowburn are down to the Motorway junction being referred to as 'Bowburn'. That and there are two turnoffs on that side of the motorway so it's a busy one.

Did this happen on Saturday night? My cousin has told me a friend of his was killed in a hit and run on his way home. This sounds awful.

:(

Early hours of Saturday morning. The lad was well known on the local music scene and used to walk in and out of Durham most weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back