Far Cry 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone planning to get this?

What were the other Far Cry's like? Few of my mates had the 2nd one and loved it, quite fancy getting this one.

What type of game is it, similar to Fallout 3?

The second one was shite. Enemy's respawning constantly and it took about 100 bullets to kill them. You also had to drive for ages, get attacked at a checkpoint, find a new car, drive, checkpoint etc. it ruined the game.

Shame because the graphics were pretty impressive and it had the potential to be very good.

The fire effects were good. Liked getting the flamethrower and burning a town down. :-D

The last one was shite, you spent most of the game driving all the way across the map then random enemies would spawn and take half your health away before you got to where you were going, health kits are rare so you start every mission half dead.
It was like they deliberately made it annoying.

The 1st game is one of my all time favourites, was a cracking looking and playing pc shooter in it's day.

The 2nd one had f#ck all to do with the 1st and like everyone says was just annoying as hell.

No idea how the 3rd one will turn out.

The 2nd was great fun at first. Then you realise that once you're in a vehicle, you're there for the remainder of the game pretty much.

Not played the first like, but its been sitting on my steam list for ages now.

Will get the 3rd when its a fiver in the steam sale next summer.

I've looked through a canny few YouTube videos of the gameplay, demo, walkthrough and I'm definitely getting it.

I think it looks mint. I love the look of the setting.

They gave it to some indie game not long back, but before that, I can't remember.

Edge gave it 8. Most are in the 8.5-9 region, so it's a definite day one for me now...trouble is, it arrives the same day as my wii u with a pile of games! Arghhhh, this year, especially this quarter has been rather good for games!

They gave it to some indie game not long back, but before that, I can't remember.

Edge gave it 8. Most are in the 8.5-9 region, so it's a definite day one for me now...trouble is, it arrives the same day as my wii u with a pile of games! Arghhhh, this year, especially this quarter has been rather good for games!

Youve preordered a wii-u......whyyyyyyyy?!?!

Wii-Us will go for crazy money on eBay in about 10 days time.

There's a massive shortage and most if not all retailers have stopped taking pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back