Fantasy Football

Yeah just buy two prime forwards and a real cheapie for the bench

Aye, not worth having a 3rd forward who will cost £6-6.5m when you can get Mitoma, Enciso or Mbeumo for that in midfield.
Salah or Trent is the big issue I'm deliberating at the mo. Cannot make me mind up.

Salah is too expensive to make him worthwhile imo. Saka and Rashford can return similar points for much cheaper.

Trent is the big question. The best defender by a long way, but he's expensive. For £5-5.5m, you can get some excellent defenders. But you can't get excellent midfielders for that price. So for example, Trent & Enciso will cost you £13.5m, but so will Saka/Estupinian or Martinelli/Reece James.

Last edited:

Aye, not worth having a 3rd forward who will cost £6-6.5m when you can get Mitoma, Enciso or Mbeumo for that in midfield.

Salah is too expensive to make him worthwhile imo. Saka and Rashford can return similar points for much cheaper.

Trent is the big question. The best defender by a long way, but he's expensive. For £5-5.5m, you can get some excellent defenders. But you can't get excellent midfielders for that price. So for example, Trent & Enciso will cost you £13.5m, but so will Saka/Estupinian or Martinelli/Reece James.
Yeah he is expensive. But then he is the only Liverpool attacker you can rely on for starts, was a must have the previous season, and just think Liverpool will be on it again this season.

Got some of the midfielders you mention too. Some very good value ones there this season.

Not touching reece James for a bit. Just think he's too injury prone at the mo.

The Luton v Burnley postponement has gone some way to scuppering my plans. Had Jordan Beyer Ia 4 million defender will play) as my 5th defender and Carlton Morris as my third attacker. Could swap Morris for Sheff Utd's Ndiaye but he may be off before the season starts.

The uncertainty as to where Kane will be and Toney's absence really ;leave little choice when it comes to forwards.

The Luton v Burnley postponement has gone some way to scuppering my plans. Had Jordan Beyer Ia 4 million defender will play) as my 5th defender and Carlton Morris as my third attacker. Could swap Morris for Sheff Utd's Ndiaye but he may be off before the season starts.

The uncertainty as to where Kane will be and Toney's absence really ;leave little choice when it comes to forwards.

Baldock at Sheff Utd is the only guaranteed starter at £4m that isn't Burnley or Leicester, though I have a sneaky suspicion Branthwaite at Everton might come out of pre-season with a starting spot.

£5.5m striker spot is hard. N'Diaye is the only one worth a gamble I'd say. Otherwise it's an upgrade to £6m for Wissa or Calvert-Lewin.

I've a feeling Jesus will be 60% owned again as the second striker. Nkunku is a gamble and Gakpo might just lose enough minutes to Nunez.

Baldock at Sheff Utd is the only guaranteed starter at £4m that isn't Burnley or Leicester, though I have a sneaky suspicion Branthwaite at Everton might come out of pre-season with a starting spot.

£5.5m striker spot is hard. N'Diaye is the only one worth a gamble I'd say. Otherwise it's an upgrade to £6m for Wissa or Calvert-Lewin.

I've a feeling Jesus will be 60% owned again as the second striker. Nkunku is a gamble and Gakpo might just lose enough minutes to Nunez.
At this point, I’ve gone for Jesus alongside Haaland. Might see whether I can tweak things to get a 6 million player in.

Defensively, I may just stick with Beyer and have a 14 man squad in week 2.

That could all change, of course.

Hah our top three two seasons back finished in the top thousand in the country , as did the top two this season. Not bad when there's over a 100,000 overall entrants (telegraph btw).

Fair enough, telegraph fantasy football might have different rules where defenders have some kind of advantage. I doubt many succeed playing 5 at the back in the FPL version.

Fair enough, telegraph fantasy football might have different rules where defenders have some kind of advantage. I doubt many succeed playing 5 at the back in the FPL version.
To be fair I doubt that also.I play that and I'm nowhere near as good as I am with the telegraph version

Don't think the Leicester players are gonna get many points mate. ;)

As an aside I reckon Branthwaite will be a starter.

Shame how they’ve priced it over the last couple of years. Used to like trying to find 4.5 bargains from promoted teams but what’s the point when you can have someone like Botman for the same price?

Don't think the Leicester players are gonna get many points mate. ;)

As an aside I reckon Branthwaite will be a starter.

Must have been on autopilot. My brain couldn't compute that Luton are in the Prem!

Most of my team is in place at this point I think. A core of 12 are set. It's just the dilemma of Trent or not. Think I'm edging towards not having him.

My options are as follows:

Trent, Foden and a £4.5m defender for the bench (probably Henry or Pau Torres).

Shaw, Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Dias and £0.5m in the bank to give me flexibility to get on a bandwagon if I've missed something.

I've got Haaland, Kane and Evan Ferguson up top
What's Justin Kluivert like? I needed a cheap midfielder so picked him. Worth a go or no?

Last edited:
I've got Haaland, Kane and Evan Ferguson up top
What's Justin Kluivert like? I needed a cheap midfielder so picked him. Worth a go or no?
More of a winger/wide forward so worth a gamble, I like to look at that kind of player in the mid to lower teams, excellent value for money usually.

Must have been on autopilot. My brain couldn't compute that Luton are in the Prem!

Most of my team is in place at this point I think. A core of 12 are set. It's just the dilemma of Trent or not. Think I'm edging towards not having him.

My options are as follows:

Trent, Foden and a £4.5m defender for the bench (probably Henry or Pau Torres).

Shaw, Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Dias and £0.5m in the bank to give me flexibility to get on a bandwagon if I've missed something.
Think ive got my team sorted now. Going with salah. Easier to get out than get to him if dont start him. No doubt it'll look completely different at the start of the season though!

Shame how they’ve priced it over the last couple of years. Used to like trying to find 4.5 bargains from promoted teams but what’s the point when you can have someone like Botman for the same price?

Because you’d have to have a mag in your team?

I’d honestly rather lose than win with a Newcastle player getting me points :lol:

Back