Fans in grounds... The 12 clubs in league one

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does this not give these teams an unfair advantage?

No it doesn't. First four weeks after the lockdown in England when football restarted saw an increase in home wins in the Premier League (35% prior with fans to 48% without fans), in La Liga (36% to 42%) and in Serie A (32% to 45%) Only Germany bucked the trend when it went from 33% of home teams normally winning to 32% without fans.

Seems playing in front of your fans is harder than not which is weird as home results are usually better than away

Last edited:
I think for most of those clubs, Portsmouth, Ipswich etc, no doubt their loyal fans have already paid out for a season ticket. For those clubs now having to pay out to open the stadium and make it safe, clean and properly stewarded will cost them without any new money coming in. I think this will hurt rather than help them financially.
Correct.
Was more thinking financially.
Naaah. Disadvantag. It’s gonna cost em.

would be great if they allowed 2000 in and of that 2000... 50 away fans..our fans would outsing the home as usual

Be a bit weird if we weren't allowed into our ground because of lockdown but we could travel 200+ miles to spread it into areas that have low infection rates :lol:

i'll be f***ing glad when this year is over

and that's living in australia

so sorry for you poor bastards
Can’t see next year being much better even if the vaccines are approved will take all year to take effect across the population. Just watching the cricket in Aus on TV with a decent crowd in. Like a different world

Yep, I have worked right through to be rewarded with a pay freeze
Its pissed me off, I work in hospital in a clinical role. I've done extra hours throughout this whole thing, pulling 50 hour weeks for the vast majority of the first lockdown. Never seen my family or owt since February. Risk getting the f***ing virus only to be thanked by a pay freeze (not a nurse, but have patient contact). Its like that across every role in NHS, healthcare and the public sector. I feel your frustration too marra.

The whole thing, not just sporting grounds is shit and not thought out

An example, I was travelling up to Sunderland from Exeter on 18th December staying for 3 days, meeting family and giving out xmas presents.

I cant do that now, but I can from 22nd December

Don't see the problem meself. Wherever you're headed just book yourself in for an eye test. Seems to work for some other people

If there was ever any doubt about the Tories not giving a shit about the north ...... well we deserve it I suppose after all we voted for em 😂😂😂😳. I didn’t .

Crewe sneaked in 😁
That’ll be them in tier three by teatime. Can’t have them norrvern monkeys involved.
The whole thing, not just sporting grounds is shit and not thought out

An example, I was travelling up to Sunderland from Exeter on 18th December staying for 3 days, meeting family and giving out xmas presents.

I cant do that now, but I can from 22nd December
Covid has xmas off Wayne. Catch on man.
Yep, I have worked right through to be rewarded with a pay freeze
Hey, the money for the MPs pay rise has to come from somewhere.
Jack Rodwell was on the radio saying just this yesterday. Says it ruins the games integrity.
Dunno what the fuck he would know about integrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously Sunderland are tier 3 so we can't have fans back in at the moment. But are you pleased that tier 2 regions/clubs can have fans back?

Here are the 12 clubs that can have fans back from December 2nd onwards in league 1(albeit with limited numbers)

Afc wimbledon
Charlton
Crewe
Ipswich
Mk dons
Northampton
Oxford
Peterborough
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Shrewsbury
Swindon
I hope they give Parkinson some jip when we are there then

Was more thinking financially.

Given that anyone attending is more than likely to be a season ticket holder, the costs of getting fans in will probably have a negative short term impact in their cash flow.
So when can have fans back it will be 1 fan for every 12 seats or 1 fan every 24 seats if only 2k allowed.... So take Exeter 8k capacity and if 4k allowed that's 1 fan for every 2 seats.... Totally illogical it should have been calculated pro rata according to stadium capacity

The 4k is s maximum, and can be reduced where necessary to maintain social distancing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back