Fan mail

Discussion in 'SMB' started by niceonemarra, Oct 11, 2018.

1. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Ever sent fan mail to a famous person?

I suppose these days people can just email the person they admire, no need to write a letter and waste money on a stamp.

2. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Nor.

Hope this helps. :cool:

3. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Not even Rodwell.

4. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Na I sent him dick pics.

I did send some nasty tweets to Darren Bent after he left though, then was promptly banned from Twitter. Never been back on since.

5. Smoke Me a Kipper

Smoke Me a Kipper Goalkeeper

Asked Jimmy saville for a go of Rolf Harris's didgeridoo

6. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I was having a bit crack with Loren Avadon via social media, he was the star of No Retreat No Surrender II he jumps around like a mad man his martials are superb. Turns out Van Damme told Jason Stillwell to say no to a sequel unless they got more money and the producer said no and used Loren and that other Russian guy who looks like Van Damme.

7. MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove Striker

I send about 20 bits a day to Halle Berry

8. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Goalkeeper

I wrote a letter to Peter Reid once, with a poem about SAFC I wrote at school, I got a signed certificate thing back from him.

I believe he still has a framed copy of the poem hanging in his home office.

cornish mackem and Charmless Man like this.
  9. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

Yes.

Not allowed to talk about it while the injunction is in effect.:(

10. Chesterladmackem

Chesterladmackem Central Defender

Used to work with a lad who used to send letters to famous prison nutters as a hobby.
    Amazingly he got a few replies.
    Was corresponding quite regularly with that lass who stabbed her lad to death then put knife doen petrol pipe, Tracey summat..

11. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Reserve Squad

I sent Kit And Kat a pair of my Speedo’s once

FannyByTheGaslight likes this.
  12. FannyByTheGaslight

FannyByTheGaslight Full Back

Did you pick the S off before you sent them :lol:

Donnie Darko likes this.
  13. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Reserve Squad

Haha aye marra what was left of them anyway I bet they put them on they will be long gone now gusset deep

14. the boot

the boot Midfield

fanny mail-I like it!

Donnie Darko likes this.
  15. mux

mux Striker Contributor

When I was a bairn I sent a letter to Jim Carrey saying how much of a big fan I was - he sent me a signed picture of himself with "spank you very much" written on it :lol:

I also wrote to Cameron Diaz after seeing her in The Mask and said that I wanted her to be my girlfriend (I was 8) - I never got a reply :(

16. gegsongegsonlegs

gegsongegsonlegs Central Defender

I was on jury duty for an inquest a while ago... was at Durham and one of the witnesses was a woman prisoner from Durham jail ( I think) .. this proper wad came up to the stand and I remember thinking she's alreet.. was at lunch time one of the other jurors told me it was her who'd stabbed her fella... think it was early 90's.. looked like butter wouldn't melt...

17. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

I occasionally write to authors if I enjoyed their autobiography. I got lovely hand-written letters back from David Attemburgh and Stephen Fry. Dickie Bird typed a letter on what looked like to be an antique type writer.

When I was a kid I wrote to Michael Palin asking him why there was an extra dwarf Horseflesh who is mentioned in the film and appears in the credits of Time Bandits but you never see him in the film. He replied saying they realised that they then had 7 dwarfs and Disney were making noises about legal action so they shit themselves, cut his scenes but still left him in the credits (and paid the actor).

18. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Give dangerous people in prison your address, your mate thought that one out well.

19. raindog

raindog Winger

Did he oblige? :lol:

20. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Winger

We thought it was cute at the time, but decided she should let you live in the hope

mux likes this.