Facebook Marketplace

Got quite a bit old gaming stuff I'd like to sell but there doesn't seem to be a hassle free way of doing it now that ebay has gone to shite. No chance do I want dodgepots from facebook coming to my door and trying to barter over the price of a game or whatever.

Anyone used this to buy games or consoles?
There's some seemingly cracking deals on at the minute.

You get some good deals from genuine people on there. I've sold loads and bought loads.

Loads of scammers though. Anything directing you to websites or weird Ways of paying avoid
Got quite a bit old gaming stuff I'd like to sell but there doesn't seem to be a hassle free way of doing it now that ebay has gone to shite. No chance do I want dodgepots from facebook coming to my door and trying to barter over the price of a game or whatever.

Rarely happens if you do your homework. You can generally tell if someone's a scruff from there profile

Last edited:
You get some good deals from genuine people on there. I've sold loads and bought loads.

Loads of scammers though. Anything directing you to websites or weird Ways of paying avoid
Yeah I've seen a few deals for Xbox Series X with local collection which I'd prefer to someone from the other end of the country sending it in the post.

Rarely happens if you do your homework. You can generally tell if someone's a scruff from there profile
With a bit of experience, the scammers are easy to spot. However, ignore the profiles as sometimes the accounts have been hijacked and appear to be legit at first.

So I recently saw a local village group post saying that their kids PS5 had been stolen, sure enough a few days later a cheap brand new PS5 was for sale in nearby, apparently it was 'no longer needed' and was 180 quid.

Then after a few more days it was listed as ''free to a good home as I don't want my kids to play playstation anymore'

hope they got done

Bought a HP Omen 15 for £320 apparently was £1200 new 3yr ago it’s in pretty much perfect condition mainly use it for footy manager but played a few other games Xbox game pass on it

Back