Fa Cup third round draw is on 3rd December on bbc1 730pm

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s because Liverpool and Everton generally have much better cup runs.

The chances of a derby would be much greater if us or the scum could get though to the last 8 (or even 16) on a much more regular basis

Great point.

You just know we are going to draw them shit kickers.......So will this team continue the run of taking the piss out of the little skunk bitches?

I hope so

If we drew Newcastle I'd play the under 16s v Walsall. Newcastle would absolutely batter us. As would any premier league club

I dont f***ing think so :)

I will also be coming to this one if it happens, a team of committed lads against those fuckers, and the shop shouters in attendance :) :)

Last edited:
If we drew Newcastle I'd play the under 16s v Walsall. Newcastle would absolutely batter us. As would any premier league club
Like when Wigan knocked out man city. You're right mate

If we did it would be a free hit and all the pressure would probably be on them.
Same reasons I don't want them in the checkatrade. It would be no win for us. We win, it was only their youth team. We lose, and we lost to their youth team, never hear the end of it.

Last edited:
There’s a theory that some balls are warmed up and some are left cold, meaning you can’t pick up two hots or two colds. Has anybody heard anything similar? I’m not sure as I believe it because as someone says above Everton have played Liverpool plenty.

Depends if you still believe the world is flat and man has never set foot on the moon.

It would be an interesting game Rafa wouldn't be happy though, he'd have to actually manage the team for once. Don't think he could push a defeat against us on to Ashley's shoulders. Then again it's the Mags and they desperately need to pretend Rafa is still a good manager for their own ego's.

Being selfish id maybe make a midweek down there so happy days!
I live in London so a mid week would be fine but just think if we get a hard draw (but one that wouldn’t be on tv / a money maker e.g Bournemouth away then it wouldn’t be the end of the work

Portsmouth won, but needed a superb save in injury time to get them over the line. Shame, an extra game for them would have been nice, but at least they are still in this so minds may be elsewhere.

In terms of TV replays we have:

• Blackpool vs Solihull Moors - non league team, but they've sort of missed the boat not winning at home. Already been on TV
  • Bradford vs Peterborough - Bit meh, same league but you have the home team near the bottom of the league vs the away side nearer the top (even if the bottom side is traditionally bigger)
  • Sunderland vs Walsall - Also a bit meh, 2 sides in the same league and the better side at home. Only reason would be for the TV company to get more easy views with a bigger club with a big fanbase involved.
  • Newport vs Wrexham - See Solihull Moors. The fact they are both Welsh may help, but certainly not an obvious pick
  • Southport vs Tranmere - The obvious tie. Non league club get a great away draw against the league side with big FA Cup tradition. Pretty close geographically as well

Pending:
Fleetwood vs Guiseley. These play on TV on Monday (at Guiseley), but if it is a draw then it just becomes the same situation as Solihull whereby the small non league club have missed their best chance.

If they pick 2, I reckon Southport and Sunderland.

40 years since we last had them.
That was the LC - Sept 79.
We certainly wouldnt have as embarrassing a turn out through there as we did that night..
Even Ken Knighton said how disappointed he was that so few had shown confidence in us getting to the next round.
He was then forced to apologise later when he was deluged by letters from safc fans explaining that it was the threat of violence that kept them away not a lack of faith in the team !

That's the spirit!:rolleyes:

Of course upsets still happen, but even at a packed and hostile SoL, IF the skunks played anything like thejr first team are you telling me you would fancy our chances ?
Matthews and James v Kenedy and Ritchie.
Flanners and Balders v Rondon and Perez.
Gooch, Maguire, Honeyman and Power v Ki/Shelvey, Diame, Kenedy and Ritchie.
Not for me thanks.
Dont want them in Fa cup or Checkatrade. Im a realist not a dreamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think we would get a result against a premier league club who'd be desperate to beat us?
It's the f***ing Cup! Anything can happen. They're no great shakes, we're decent. Get a f***ing grip man!

That was the LC - Sept 79.
We certainly wouldnt have as embarrassing a turn out through there as we did that night..
Even Ken Knighton said how disappointed he was that so few had shown confidence in us getting to the next round.
He was then forced to apologise later when he was deluged by letters from safc fans explaining that it was the threat of violence that kept them away not a lack of faith in the team !

Of course upsets still happen, but even at a packed and hostile SoL, IF the skunks played anything like thejr first team are you telling me you would fancy our chances ?
Matthews and James v Kenedy and Ritchie.
Flanners and Balders v Rondon and Perez.
Gooch, Maguire, Honeyman and Power v Ki/Shelvey, Diame, Kenedy and Ritchie.
Not for me thanks.
Dont want them in Fa cup or Checkatrade. Im a realist not a dreamer.
Christ! I hope our players have a lot more self belief than some of the fannies on here!

Last edited:
It's the f***ing Cup! Anything can happen. They're no great shakes, we're decent. Get a f***ing grip man!

Christ! I hope our players have a lot more self belief than some of the fannies on here!

Dear oh dear man, you seriously believe we'd beat them ?
Despite being 2nd top of div 3, the reality is, that we arent that good a team. The current team would face an uphill struggle to survive even in the champo.
The back four would be ripped apart by any half decent PL attack.
You stay in your dream world and I'll stay realistic thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back