F1 2022

what a mess :lol:

think Alpine's plan was to keep Piastri sidelined for another year with Alonso first choice and he's thought fuck that and clearly judging by his statement thinks he has a deal with someone else with that probably being McLaren as he's surely not going to Williams?

surely the solution here is they sort something out between them and Danny Ric goes back to Alpine

Aye Palou. Just remembered.

Didn't realise just how similar...

Logon or register to see this image

Apparently Otmar Szafnauer was quoted today saying that Alonso was off the grid on a boat around some Greek island as the reason he'd not spoken to Fernando since the AM news came out...

Nando then updates his socials...

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I wonder if Piastri potentially has something with Red Bull lined up instead of McLaren. They could have promised him an AT seat with him being promoted to the first team once Perez goes.

I wonder if Piastri potentially has something with Red Bull lined up instead of McLaren.
When I found out Mark Webber was his manager I wondered if Helmut Markos comments at the weekend might be related to this developing situation.

But them identical tweets I posted above from Piastri & Palou to me confirm it’s McLaren & Zak Brown who are behind this alpine cluster fcuk.

The way this week is going, my money is on them unveiling Hamilton :lol:

Last edited:
When I found out Mark Webber was his manager I wondered if Helmut Markos comments at the weekend might be related to this developing situation.

But them identical tweets I posted above from Piastri & Palou to me confirm it’s McLaren & Zak Brown who are behind this alpine cluster fcuk.

Taki Inoue nailed on.

Choosing Williams over Alpine is like choosing a bottle of own brand whisky over an aged single malt at the minute :lol:

Total cluster****.

I bloody hope the DTS people have caught the behinds the scenes meltdowns over this.

Alonso needs to sod off and retire imo. Purely topping up his pension for another 2 years. He'll be about 50 before they are in title contention and he knows it.
To get his F1 career back on track after a 27 year break.

Don't think even Williams would touch Riccardo now, he's been proven to be the Jack Wiltshire of F1. He's paid the price for jumping to Renault for big money.

Alonso also a money leech. The bloke has became a joke now, should have called it a day after McLaren.

Last edited:
Total cluster****.

I bloody hope the DTS people have caught the behinds the scenes meltdowns over this.

Alonso needs to sod off and retire imo. Purely topping up his pension for another 2 years. He'll be about 50 before they are in title contention and he knows it.

Don't think even Williams would touch Riccardo now, he's been proven to be the Jack Wiltshire of F1. He's paid the price for jumping to Renault for big money.

Alonso also a money leech. The bloke has became a joke now, should have called it a day after McLaren.
Danny Ric seems a nice guy. Probably the reason he never hit the highest level.

Looking back, were any Driver's champions nice guys?

I don’t think “nice” is required much in F1. It seems a cut throat business and contracts or agreements mean nothing.

Cheating is tolerated and even revered in some cases with examples passing into legend.

I wonder if the drivers ever feel fully secure in teams or do they spend their whole career worrying about the chop?

I don’t think “nice” is required much in F1. It seems a cut throat business and contracts or agreements mean nothing.

Cheating is tolerated and even revered in some cases with examples passing into legend.

I wonder if the drivers ever feel fully secure in teams or do they spend their whole career worrying about the chop?
They like a lot of sportspeople have a short shelf life, so I would assume there us a lot of worry of losing that big contract that could set them up for life, whether that be a crash causing injury, or a new teammate showing them up.

They like a lot of sportspeople have a short shelf life, so I would assume there us a lot of worry of losing that big contract that could set them up for life, whether that be a crash causing injury, or a new teammate showing them up.
I agree with some on here that F1 needs a clear out.

Alonso, Vettel, Bottas could all go and open up seats for young drivers.

if they don’t get that Merc working you could possibly add Lewis to that list.

If they hadn't looked like moving the W13 forward, I'm sure Lewis would have walked away at the end of this season.

I don't see him going down the grid to retirement.

If they hadn't looked like moving the W13 forward, I'm sure Lewis would have walked away at the end of this season.

I don't see him going down the grid to retirement.
I think Lewis has ended up enjoying the new challenge he's facing this season, even if it's not the one he was hoping for. The fact that the car is heading in the right direction will be a huge motivator to be back in the title hunt next year and take the chance if it's there.

Depends, think some on the surface just give off a nice cuddly persona (think Button or Damon Hill), however having read their books and many interviews with them at their F1 peaks, it's clear they were ****ing ruthless and cut throat when it came to it and the helmet went on.

I have no issue with mid 30s/40 year olds on the grid provided they are competitive and are making noises about wanting to better themselves as much as possible and achieve success within a move given their limited time.

It's clear that Vettel and Alonso have purely just been playing chess to top their pensions up, that's what annoys me at least.

Last edited:
A lot of the current generation of F1 fans will remember Alonso as being a journeyman driver rather than the blistering fast and mindblowing young driver he was way back at Renault at 05 and 06...in the same way many remember Villenueve as being a cash grabber for years rather than arguably one of the best new young rookie talents the sports has ever seen back in the 90s when he came over from American racing.

Outstay your welcome too long in this sport and people forget your brilliance at your peak.

Rosberg nailed it.

Back