F1 2021

I would sincerely hope they do, however, they didn't follow their own guidelines.

The Hamilton punishment was a PR job and all the RB nonsense is just that... nonsense.

Verstappen needs to take a long hard look at his own driving or he may never make a world champion - unless it's in the afterlife.
Exactly. I think it was given fully expecting Lewis to be able to make up the time and win without an issue, since the only car capable of challenging him, Valteri, would inevitably be told to shift it. Only bit that surprised me tbh was that it took 51 laps to get him back into the lead

I already gave you one or two in my edited post.

The Channel 4 presenter basically said Lewis is all gentlemanly when he’s winning but what about when he’s losing? For me he doesn’t seem to be the gentleman when he’s not doing well. That’s one.

Also both driver and team seem unwilling to admit F1 would be a better spectacle if we have varying winners instead of a format where one dominant team/driver wins. Ok they are the number one team and deserve to be there. But at the same time after 7 or 8 years of dominance wouldn’t it start to creep in that perhaps it isn’t that great you are winning all the time? Wouldn’t the appeal wear off?

Another issue is the team seem focussed entirely on Lewis. Poor Valtieri.

Relating more to the race I find the Mercedes car just overwhelming fast. Yeah F1 ought to be about the fastest car. Nothing wrong in that. But when you can do what Lewis did, close a gap as big as it was in the astonishingly fast time he did it in, and find a speed and pace even the next best F1 team could ever humanly achieve without spending millions more in engine development, you have to ask questions about them. Ferrari had a similar degree of speed once. I wonder what happened as a result? We need BoP in F1.

Those are my main gripes.

Lewis a gentleman. About as much as Max, they are racing and all drivers want to win.

I don't believe for one minute it will be a better spectacle if all drivers can win the race. In every sport you have the best team which attracts the drivers (or players). In fact I would go as far as saying F1 should dump the regulations and just let the teams develop the best cars, as happened with Williams active suspension. McLaren is on the way back and the glory will be to compete with RB and Mercedes without relying on F1 slowing the other cars down.

Valteri is a number 2 driver and has a roll to play in the team, Lewis is number 1.

Mercedes car is fast, no doubt, but Red Bull is better in high speed corners, not even sure the Mercedes is the fastest in a straight line, that might be Mclaren. Lewis reeled Leclerc in because the Mercedes is better on hard tyres than the Ferrari. Thats Ferraris issue.

Changing the narrative slightly, Crofty pointed out on the formation lap that the Mercs were backing the rest of the field up so that Verstappen was left on his grid place a fair bit longer than usual. That might explain why Max was all over the track while the rest of the field seemed fairly settled. If so, that's a canny (if slightly underhand) way of neutralising pole position.

Not impossible but possibly due to the cars at the back still being at beckets when max was approaching the grid. Red bull should have been telling him to slow down.

My God you are rude.
That's a bit rich coming from you.

One of the reasons you attract so much flack is your aggressive and often blinkered posting style.

I know calm and considered interaction with other posters isn't your strong suit, but you'd really be better off if sometimes you just paused and had a think how you are coming across before you hit the post button.

Anyway, on the topic of the trickle down effect of F1 technology to road cars, this article may be of interest to posters on this thread.

Last edited:
He would because he late braked in order to clip him. Evident by the fact he ran well wide
Its racing, both went in hot. Stewards gave penalty, time to move on. You can’t make a car disappear, Verstapen knew he was there as one respected driver said. 50-50 for me. Horner needs to wind his neck in as well. Very unprofessional making wild statements along with Marko.

Last edited:
Its racing, both went in hot. Stewards gave penalty, time to move on. You can’t make a car disappear, Verstapen knew he was there as one respected driver said. 50-50 for me. Horner needs to wind his neck in as well. Very unprofessional making wild statements along with Marko.
People are saying the stewards got it wrong, they didn’t. Hamilton was in the wrong, he’s got no chance fighting fair so resorted to the tactics of a wanker.

Lewis is the greatest f1 driver of all time he knows;

A - how to drive that corner

B - how to deal with an upstart bully

Max should learn from the more experienced, successful driver if he is to fulfil his destiny and become a world champion.

(After Sir Lewis has retired)

Lewis is the greatest f1 driver of all time he knows;

A - how to drive that corner

B - how to deal with an upstart bully

Max should learn from the more experienced, successful driver if he is to fulfil his destiny and become a world champion.

(After Sir Lewis has retired)
He has been very lucky with the cars he’s had. One of the best drivers certainly, but not the best.

Men were men when the best drivers raced, and gentlemen on and off the track.

The recriminations will go on and on, no doubt, but what is important is the mental strength of both drivers and how it will affect them going forward.

Ayrton was energised by it wheras Alain began to see demons everywhere even accusing Honda of prepping “special” engines for Ayrton.

It is critical that both Lewis and Max re focus in time for the next race, one where Lewis is very strong. Another stupid incident will be punished hard by the Stewards but I hope we get hard fair close racing with both drivers staying on the island.

I wonder what Horner thinks of this now:

Or this, in the dangerously wet conditions:

At the time that second one is a racing incident becuase its the opening lap. Now I'm thinking it should have been a penalty? He carried more speed which meant he got along side and couldn't leave room for lewis.
BBC News

Alonso set to get a second year at alpine.

Though they would have went with a rookie for next year. Although may have seemed a bit daft to being Alonso back for just 1 year

Last edited:

Back