F**k Cancer

My youngest brother died in 8th Feb 1960 aged 4 yrs old.
Had lukemia for 2 years and went through all the very limited tests.
Truly hope Poppy has all the up to date medication possible to give her a fighting chance.

POPPY BEALES RED AND WHITE ARMY
That will show the whole family we are behind them and to our head coach that we are behind him and he is part of the SAFC FAMILY

Its a shame it takes things like this to realise all this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things on here.. but human nature is that we seemed to get caught up in life's trivialities. I'm no better in getting caught up in matters that mean diddly-squat when it's all over.
You are 100% correct mate and it isn't just on here, it is life, people and society in general.
The world doesn't owe anyone a favour and we are all vulnerable to serious illness, whether it be cancer or not we are not invincible and these illnesses have no age barrier and don't discriminate so what gives us the right to.

This includes mental health as well as physical health, it can affect anyone at any time.

There have been times when I myself have maybe posted something on here meant as banter which could have come accross the wrong way but some of the vitriol is disgusting at times on a message board with a purpose of bringing our fans together for our love of the Club.

You are 100% correct mate and it isn't just on here, it is life, people and society in general.
The world doesn't owe anyone a favour and we are all vulnerable to serious illness, whether it be cancer or not we are not invincible and these illnesses have no age barrier and don't discriminate so what gives us the right to.

This includes mental health as well as physical health, it can affect anyone at any time.

There have been times when I myself have maybe posted something on here meant as banter which could have come accross the wrong way but some of the vitriol is disgusting at times on a message board with a purpose of bringing our fans together for our love of the Club.
Its the old cliche of being nice to people mate, it's simple but you know sometimes the world doesn't work like that :lol:

Is her name Poppy Beale tho? She might be his sisters child or his wife’s sisters child. I think a chant is a lovely idea but we don’t know her full name so maybe little Poppy might be better.

Poor bairn and family.

Some very strange reactions to this story. As if people have just realised that Beale is human and will be dealing with things outside of football so maybe he should be cut some slack! And because it's cancer it's even more important were must get behind him!

Of course cancer is shit. Of course there's more things outside of football. Of course you shouldn't go on like a bellend slagging him off as if he's the antichrist!

Is her name Poppy Beale tho? She might be his sisters child or his wife’s sisters child. I think a chant is a lovely idea but we don’t know her full name so maybe little Poppy might be better.

Poor bairn and family.
His sister in law just messaged Radio Newcastle to say thank you for the support (applause on 4th minute) so Poppy is his brothers daughter.

This is very true. I’ve called him an arsehole etc yet it’s come to this before I’ve realised it’s really f***ing wrong and it shouldn’t have as I’m a grown man.
He should be judged in his results only and I’m one of the biggest culprits since he’s been here.

This is very true. I’ve called him an arsehole etc yet it’s come to this before I’ve realised it’s really f***ing wrong and it shouldn’t have as I’m a grown man.
He should be judged in his results only and I’m one of the biggest culprits since he’s been here.
Takes a bigger man to admit you are wrong mate so fair play to you.👏👏

I don’t think it’s big at all what I’ve posted on here mate but cheers
We all make mistakes mate, it's what makes us human. I posted something on here yesterday as a joke on a thread which caused a bit of offence to someone and upon reflection is was probably in bad taste so I apologised, he accepted and we move on.
Feelings have been running really high lately mate for obvious reasons so I wouldn't beat youraelf up too much. At least you have had the balls to admit it whereas there is some vitriol towards him flying about.
I am of the same opinion, I didn't want him here, think he is the wrong choice, but I am happy to be proved wrong.
Things are a little more rosy towards him at the minute but can't help but think it is a ticking timebomb and he will revert to type if things start going badly while he is here.

My brother was 14 brain tumour before scans 1973. They went in blind and it made a terrible mess of his face, limbs twisted. He died three years later at 17 in 1973, just before the cup final. It is a terrible curse cancer. He might have had a chance today, things are moving on.
found out just now my 12 year old niece's brain cancer is back

she beat it once during covid but it nearly killed her, left her with permanent double vision, a hysterectomy, balance issues, and all while her father, my brother, lost his fight with cancer... all with isolation and threat of covid... we were just beginning to give a sigh of relief and look forward

I don't know how her mother copes with all this being thrown at her, at least we don't have to do it in isolation this time and we can actually be there in person this time

found out just now my 12 year old niece's brain cancer is back

she beat it once during covid but it nearly killed her, left her with permanent double vision, a hysterectomy, balance issues, and all while her father, my brother, lost his fight with cancer... all with isolation and threat of covid... we were just beginning to give a sigh of relief and look forward

I don't know how her mother copes with all this being thrown at her, at least we don't have to do it in isolation this time and we can actually be there in person this time
not sure what to say to this other than our thoughts are with you and your family.

Wishing little Poppy all the best .
It seems leukemia is one cancer that little kids can beat . Have known a couple of little ones ,that are happily now teenagers after having leukemia at a very young age .

Back