Exiles with kids - tips to get them to support the Lads

I think it's risky sending them to training in Sunderland gear at that age because under 10s can't deal with whole peer group piss taking and if everyone else is in spurs, arsenal and Chelsea shirts it'll definitely happen.

Both my kids play football for Tyneside kids teams and 80% of the kids are in mag gear for training. I wouldn't send them to training in Sunderland gear as it is needlessly confrontational, but equally I would never let them wear another English clubs colours. If they wear pro team kit at training it will be dhgate Feyenoord (or an obscure German or Italian team that is on special offer on prodirect soccer).

Just don’t let them get “Minteh” on the back of it…

We took them to Hull at Easter - they loved it. But we can’t get back often enough really. Night matches are no good because of timing. I can probably only make Easter now and even then we might be away. The fixture list doesn’t work for six year olds who live 250 miles away. :(
Ah shit. Nearly as far away as me so I get it. I'm sure they'll see the light as they get older. Keep the sunderland shirts coming and the games as and when you can

We took them to Hull at Easter - they loved it. But we can’t get back often enough really. Night matches are no good because of timing. I can probably only make Easter now and even then we might be away. The fixture list doesn’t work for six year olds who live 250 miles away. :(
It doesn’t work for 60yr olds who live 250 miles away either.

Back