Excel formula help

safcforever

Striker
I am trying (badly) to create a holiday calendar and I have made the sums for the entitlement + any TOIL that will be added to another line.
For some reason I cant get the sum to now delete when I add a holiday in the lines I through NI (1st Jan - Dec 31st)

Can anyone please help?

Never mind, I've finally sussed it

Last edited:

I am trying (badly) to create a holiday calendar and I have made the sums for the entitlement + any TOIL that will be added to another line.
For some reason I cant get the sum to now delete when I add a holiday in the lines I through NI (1st Jan - Dec 31st)

Can anyone please help?

Would it not be easier to just add in the hours used each day and deduct that from the total?

Edit: just seen your edit :)

Can anyone please help?

You using autosum?

Would it not be easier to just add in the hours used each day and deduct that from the total?

Edit: just seen your edit :)
It's a yearly planner. It's in number of days or .25 etc when required, but yeah hours would have worked also.

Format the fucker.
:lol::lol: it was getting close to that

The old system is shit and flawed. They are currently running on paper and pencil ffs :evil: so they can amend it when needed :rolleyes:

You using autosum?
I tried, that's what was breaking me trying to work it out. I gave up trying and added a Holday's used line and then the total sum available was easier. Rather than having one box do the sum from 368 different boxes with different outcomes. all 3 have 1 sum each (if that makes sense) and a final total

Last edited:
It's a yearly planner. It's in number of days or .25 etc when required, but yeah hours would have worked also.

:lol::lol: it was getting close to that

The old system is shit and flawed. They are currently running on paper and pencil ffs :evil: so they can amend it when needed :rolleyes:

I tried, that's what was breaking me trying to work it out. I gave up trying and added a Holday's used line and then the total sum available was easier. Rather than having one box do the sum from 368 different boxes with different outcomes. all 3 have 1 sum each (if that makes sense) and a final total

This was going to be my response. Autosum is good but very limited. You could get away without having individual sums by manually adding/ subtracting from each cell. But I also surmise the sub totals may also be of interest.

This was going to be my response. Autosum is good but very limited. You could get away without having individual sums by manually adding/ subtracting from each cell. But I also surmise the sub totals may also be of interest.
I was basically trying to do too much for 1 cell (even though I know it is possible) I was asking it to work out a sum from 367 different cells and give me an overall remaining as well as a % at the same time. It was annoying the fuck outta me. Pleased its done now :lol:

At least its keeping me awake through night shift

I was basically trying to do too much for 1 cell (even though I know it is possible) I was asking it to work out a sum from 367 different cells and give me an overall remaining as well as a % at the same time. It was annoying the fuck outta me. Pleased its done now :lol:

At least its keeping me awake through night shift

Four extra columns in a sheet of 367 is nothing. The correct output is more important.

Back