Everybodys gone to the rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can watch this on twitch now. basically walking through an empty world while you hear audio of people talking. :lol:

It seriously looks boring as fuck. The audio is like flashbacks of people's boring conversations. There doesn't appear to be anything to do except walk through the game.

Aye, doesn't seem like something I would enjoy to be honest. Shame because it looks stunning.

It looks like every village I ever played cricket in when I was young and lived in Hertfordshire. I will be getting it for this very reason. English villages make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, 1980's ones even more so.

Bought it last night. Internet decided to have a mare and it was downloading at about 100kb/s when I fucked off to bed. Hopefully it sped up, would love to play at some point this month.

watched some game play footage. Looks okay for a 4-6 hour game, any longer would probably get boring.

"R2" is sprint, for those who missed the announcement, it's a "buildup mechanism", so you get faster the longer you hold it. Somehow got overlooked when they were putting the instructions out.

"R2" is sprint, for those who missed the announcement, it's a "buildup mechanism", so you get faster the longer you hold it. Somehow got overlooked when they were putting the instructions out.
Thanks, didn't realise. I assumed it was so slow to walk because the frame rate would look like a pile of shit. Seems a bit stuttery at times.

If you listen to a radio or something and look in the other direction the sound drops out. It's like you hear things through your eyes. It's boiling my piss.

Quite interested by this, whats the general consensus from those who are playing it?

I'm less than 2 hours into it but it's felt like the longest 2 hours of a game I've ever played.

Don't dislike it... it's just a very, very slow game. You do nothing but walk around this village/woods, occasionally hitting X or tilting the pad. If the setting and style of story telling intrigues you, it's probably worth it. Otherwise I'd stay away.

I'm enjoying this. I bought it because I thought it looked interesting but tbh I didnt really expect to like it, I thought it would look nice but ultimately I'd get bored of it pretty quickly.

I'd say I'm about half way through it now. It's not a "game" as such because nothing you do has any bearing on the outcome its more an interactive story but I"m really enjoying hearing and trying to make sense of the story as you go through the town. The snippets of the story you hear from the shadows are not in any chronological order so you have to try and piece them together in your head yourself. Getting to know all the characters can take a little while too but they do tend to call each other by their first names a lot to help with this. I also had the games imdb page open beside me so I could see their surnames too and make the connection.

It's very atmospheric and a bit creepy, kind of reminded me of the quieter periods in the last of us where you're just searching through the houses looking for gear. The soundtrack too is excellent and really adds a bit of tension that definitely wouldn't be there otherwise.

I'm glad I saw AJ's post about the run button because I would've been driven demented by the slow pace of walking otherwise, even holding down R2 does not exactly sent you off on too much of a sprint but it is a massive improvement.

I would've happily sat there and finished it yesterday if i hadnt had stuff to do but I think I'll definitely get it done in two sessions.

If you go into it with an open mind I think most people will get something out of it but I can definitely see that its not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back