Eurovision 2023🎸🎀πŸͺ©πŸŽΆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

There are now 9 weeks to go until the 2023 Eurovision Grand Final in Liverpool.

I got tickets for the Afternoon Preview of Semi-Final 1 on the Tuesday, so I'll be there at the start of the week, then watching the final on TV as usual. Anyone else making their way to Liverpool? πŸ‘

Needless to say, the annual Eurovision thread is one of the SMB highlights of the year, but does anyone on here have any early favourites?

Out of interest, Sweden picks its entrant in the final of Melodifestivalen tonight, and the bookies' favourite is Loreen, the 2012 winner ("Euphoria"). If you have nothing better to do, you can watch the final free on STV Play with English commentary. Melodifestivalen 2023: The final

There are now 9 weeks to go until the 2023 Eurovision Grand Final in Liverpool.

I got tickets for the Afternoon Preview of Semi-Final 1 on the Tuesday, so I'll be there at the start of the week, then watching the final on TV as usual. Anyone else making their way to Liverpool? πŸ‘

Needless to say, the annual Eurovision thread is one of the SMB highlights of the year, but does anyone on here have any early favourites?

Out of interest, Sweden picks its entrant in the final of Melodifestivalen tonight, and the bookies' favourite is Loreen, the 2012 winner ("Euphoria"). If you have nothing better to do, you can watch the final free on STV Play with English commentary. Melodifestivalen 2023: The final

Good stuff.

Will you be sporting a Jozy mask ? :)

Good stuff.

Will you be sporting a Jozy mask ? :)
...a what?
UK entry is a bit of an eggy fart. Just sounds like a regurgitated 2010 club song. Absolutely zero character. Disappointing.

Last year’s winner was class, as was Moldova.
I really like it, actually! But it does sound like a Balearic club song. My friend says it sounds too "Spanish Top 40" for her.

...a what?

I really like it, actually! But it does sound like a Balearic club song. My friend says it sounds too "Spanish Top 40" for her.

It’s exactly that - completely unoriginal, but easy enough to listen to. Would be absolutely fine with it on in the background while knocking back a sangria at 7pm.

Last edited:
Just over a week til the absolute highlight of the smb year for me, unfortunately I shall be in Alanya as this year's show takes place, my usual bottle of single malt will have to stay in the cupboard as I chance to be on Turkish raki, hopefully somewhere with WiFi so I can join in as usual with the funniest and best thread of the year,
See there's a little taster of the tunes on YouTube now, quite like our entry

Just listened to Loreen because I still love Euphoria and have it on most of my playlists.

Her entry is going to take some beating this year. She is bloody exceptional.

Back