Entry level gaming PC

REDEFinition

Full Back
After some help/ recommendations folks!

What sort of price/spec should I be looking at for a PC for my son that can handle Roblox/Fortnite/Minecraft plus a bit extra?

Any help/ links appreciated.

Does he need monitor/keyboard/mouse? Those bits make up a decent proportion when you’re on a budget.

To be honest, you wouldn't need anything amazing for Fortnite. A 10 series Nvidia GPU would handle it. We're up to the 40 series now, but anything between a 1080, and a 4090 would play Fortnite well with good fps.

Get yourself on https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ and Fortnite FPS Benchmark Calculator - How Many FPS United Kingdom, and you should be able to come up with a relatively cheap build, assuming you can build it yourself. If not, spec it on HowManyFPS, then look for builds with those specs.

Last edited:
How old is your son? Could quite possibly get away with an AMD APU onboard graphics for those, unless I'm mistaken?

that benchmarker has integrated graphics at 1080p high at 80fps!

If so, £500-600 for the lot is possible.

take a look at hotukdeals link

Ryzen 5 5600X, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, RTX 3060 Ti, 750W PSU, B550, WiFi (no OS) Gaming PC - £830.10 with code @ ebuyer / ebay​

and check out sarden84 posts on hotukdeals
Same sort of price as I paid for my self build, same Ram, storage, GPU about the same power. Paid about £980 for mine, but it was intel rather than the AMD. If you can self build, I would for the extra £100 tbh.

Same sort of price as I paid for my self build, same Ram, storage, GPU about the same power. Paid about £980 for mine, but it was intel rather than the AMD. If you can self build, I would for the extra £100 tbh.

i got a i5 and 3060ti and 16gig other week for my nephew for £800 , upgraded wifi and hard drive and brought it to 860 from awd

Not really, they're obsessed with th fps these days

Aye, but unless he spends loads on an expensive monitor, those extra frames will be pointless. With those specs listed above, he'd need to buy a 240hz monitor for it to be worthwile.

For Roblox and Fortnite, lower specs, and a 144hz/165hz monitor will be better. Obviously if he doesn't mind spending more on a monitor and getting a 240hz one, then getting that PC would future proof himself a little bit.

Its my daughters 10th birthday tomorrow and i've just put together a AMD Ryzen 5 5600g, 16GB RAM plus 500gb drive plus case and psu for £350 - i used partpicker to get the best prices for stuff and ended up getting falcon computers in sunderland to price match most of it.

Just installing windows 11 on it now.

i bought the ryzen with on board graphics so she can play games on it (shes into sims 4 and minecraft at minute) without needing to shell out a fortune on a GPU but we can add that further down the line if needs be.

I was originally going i3 12th gen but they werent in stock at a decent price anywhere when i bought it last weekend.

Its my daughters 10th birthday tomorrow and i've just put together a AMD Ryzen 5 5600g, 16GB RAM plus 500gb drive plus case and psu for £350 - i used partpicker to get the best prices for stuff and ended up getting falcon computers in sunderland to price match most of it.

Just installing windows 11 on it now.

i bought the ryzen with on board graphics so she can play games on it (shes into sims 4 and minecraft at minute) without needing to shell out a fortune on a GPU but we can add that further down the line if needs be.

I was originally going i3 12th gen but they werent in stock at a decent price anywhere when i bought it last weekend.

Went a similar route managed to get the same cpu 5600g, 16gb, 1tb nvme for £350. Going to get a gpu in the future but not needed for the games he plays at the min.

Back