England WC chances

SuperMarcoRowell

Central Defender
England have prepared as well as they can, beaten everybody out of sight the last 3 years, we absolutely deserve to win it. Morgan is a superb captain who I would be tempted to bring in as test skip if the Ashes doesn’t go to plan. And the shirt’s smart anarl!

Quality captain
Power at the top of the order
World class bat at 3
Power all the way down
Pace with the ball
A wrist spinner
Home advantage

We’re rightly favourites with India
My only concern is we aren’t great at restricting the others from scoring when we’re bowling. Some of the batting we have produced has been incredible, and hopefully this power will win us the tournament. When Bairstow is set his striking is unbelievable, Viv Richards-esq!

Got to be honest. Will be absolutely gutted if we don't win it. As the OP said the lads and backroom staff deserve it the way they've prepared for the last four years. Just hope pressure and possible tough pitches don't affect them and the cricket gods reward them for four years of excellent work by granting a bit of luck when needed.

Got to be honest. Will be absolutely gutted if we don't win it. As the OP said the lads and backroom staff deserve it the way they've prepared for the last four years. Just hope pressure and possible tough pitches don't affect them and the cricket gods reward them for four years of excellent work by granting a bit of luck when needed.
An injury or 2 away from not winning it as the back up batting isn't good enough

I think we’ll be fine to get through the group stage, but I worry about the bowling in a one off game. It’s an industrious bowling attack, but it lacks a Bumrah/Rabada/Tahir to be a true match winner if we don’t post a big score.

Modern is a bit of a worry as well, for all his class and good performances in the IPL recently his ODI record has been poor for ages now.

I think we’ll be fine to get through the group stage, but I worry about the bowling in a one off game. It’s an industrious bowling attack, but it lacks a Bumrah/Rabada/Tahir to be a true match winner if we don’t post a big score.

Modern is a bit of a worry as well, for all his class and good performances in the IPL recently his ODI record has been poor for ages now.
D’you mean Stokes? I think Modern just missed out on selection

Moeen goes through these peaks and troughs, he could quite easily turn it around and have a strong tournament but you're right to point out that he's not offered much in ODI's recently.

For context Rashid 5.61, Stokes 6.15, Woakes 5.64, Willey 5.75, Plunkett 5.90, Curran 6.33
One thing that statistics don’t always reflect is that we always have someone who steps up at the moment when things are going awry; if the openers fail then the middle steps in , the long tail then wags and we get ourselves into a position where the bowlers have something to go at. This imo shows character and guts and this will be needed if we are to win.

Back