England v West Indies series confirmed

Good squad, like it, what I would have gone for too

Encouraging that more options are developing, that A tour in Oz was a real boost, should become a regular thing (Covid permitting)

All got plenty to prove but they are going to attempt go grind it out, best policy at minute.

So so weird the people on here like :confused:

Honestly don't get it. Keyboard warriors I guess.

Sad to see football fan mentality making its way into cricket.

Nah deserves his spot, been canny against 2 quality attacks, out for single scores once, regularly gets bats over 100 balls.

Not really bothered if he makes tons, he is doing similar to Burns really, interesting the media conceptions between the 2 players though.

Dan Lawrence bats 5 or 6, his time will come but lets not stick a young lad out of position.
Football fan mentality? From a poster named after a fielding position who joined specifically for the cricket forum back when cricket was a guaranteed regular thing?

I stand by my opinion that Bairstow is nowhere near Test standard and his petty little sulks make him come across very badly

Football fan mentality? From a poster named after a fielding position who joined specifically for the cricket forum back when cricket was a guaranteed regular thing?

I stand by my opinion that Bairstow is nowhere near Test standard and his petty little sulks make him come across very badly

Yeah, none of the england players deserve the personal abuse they get, happens too much on here, all great lads, all committed. Big difference from saying you dont think a player should be in the XI to some of the shite gets said on here and Twitter.

Can't imagine they'd talk to the players like that too their face.

Last edited:
Yeah, none of the england players deserve the personal abuse they get, happens too much on here, all great lads, all committed. Big difference from saying you dont think a player should be in the XI to some of the shite gets said on here and Twitter.

Can't imagine they'd talk to the players like that too their face.
Can't say I've seen any abuse of Bairstow on this thread only criticism in pointing about an obvious weakness. When a figure in the public eye reacts in the manner he did at being dropped he's inviting inevitable criticism.

Sounds like it's a shoot-out between Broad and Wood for the last bowling slot.
Would be very tough on Broad given how well he performed last summer but the prospect of seeing Archer and Wood bowl in tandem is too exciting....

Nice to see us have so many options. Wish it was the same in the batting department. My heart sinks seeing Denly and Bairstow included in the larger squad (and the team in Denly's case)
I think Denly is only a sto gap while the young pretenders find their feet.

I know he's hardly pulled up any trees but he's probably a steadying influence in the dressing room - being an experienced pro

I think Denly is only a sto gap while the young pretenders find their feet.

I know he's hardly pulled up any trees but he's probably a steadying influence in the dressing room - being an experienced pro
Yeah, you are right and I think had Root been playing then maybe Denly wouldn't have.
Interested to see that Denly is staying at 3 and Crawley will bat at 4. That's 3 different batting positions in 5 tests

Yeah, you are right and I think had Root been playing then maybe Denly wouldn't have.
Interested to see that Denly is staying at 3 and Crawley will bat at 4. That's 3 different batting positions in 5 tests
He bought us a bit of time last summer in a tough series.

Roll on Wednesday :lol:

Link doesn’t work

if it was me, and it’s not sadly, I would have gone

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Lawrence
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
And then 3 from 4 of the quirks. Honestly don’t know how to split them

I don’t mind Denly, but it’s a perfect time to blood Lawrence against one of the weaker teams

That lineup would heap a lot of pressure on a rookie captain, but I get your point

Sounds like it's a shoot-out between Broad and Wood for the last bowling slot.
Would be very tough on Broad given how well he performed last summer but the prospect of seeing Archer and Wood bowl in tandem is too exciting....

Can rotate the bowlers throughout the series. If Jimmy and Broad are both fit for the first test then they should play

Link doesn’t work

if it was me, and it’s not sadly, I would have gone

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Lawrence
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
And then 3 from 4 of the quirks. Honestly don’t know how to split them

I don’t mind Denly, but it’s a perfect time to blood Lawrence against one of the weaker teams

Tweet been deleted it was something about Broad’s average

Last edited:

Back