England v West Indies series confirmed

He's a f***ing legend. He keeps making the strongest case for my favourite sportsman of all time.

Which to potentially replace my childhood heroes of Henrik Larsson, Super Kev and Sir Niall Quinn is some going.

Annoyed they've taken away the rewind option on the coverage today, wanted to check the wickets that had fallen.

Wonder why Lawrence isn’t batting, hopefully not ill/ injured

England 13 for First Test.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Denly
Stokes (c)
Pope
Buttler (wk)
Woakes
Bess
Archer
Wood
Broad
Anderson

Reserves👇

Bracey
S Curran
Foakes
Lawrence
Leach
Mahmood
C Overton
Robinson
Stone

No Bairstow or Moeen

Not really sure in the point of Denly over Lawrence if Root is back in next game.

Unless it's Crawley that will miss out and Denly back at 3.

Either way I'd rather 22 year olds getting a chance than a 34 year old that hasn't really taken his. Even though I do like him.

Is Bess really the best spinner in the country.

On the basis of the last 3 days yes
Two of Woakes, Wood, Archer and Bess to miss out. Think one of wood or Archer will play and between Woakes and Bess for the last slot, depending on whether they want a spinner or not

I hope we don’t but maybe they’re planning to put Pope at 4, Buttler at 6 and Woakes at 7 so we have an extra bowler to play with and can reduce their workloads (would explain why Woakes was given time to bat yesterday)

Last edited:
Good squad, like it, what I would have gone for too

Encouraging that more options are developing, that A tour in Oz was a real boost, should become a regular thing (Covid permitting)

All got plenty to prove but they are going to attempt go grind it out, best policy at minute.
Bairstow will be in a right huff :lol:

So so weird the people on here like :confused:

Honestly don't get it. Keyboard warriors I guess.

Sad to see football fan mentality making its way into cricket.
Not really sure in the point of Denly over Lawrence if Root is back in next game.

Unless it's Crawley that will miss out and Denly back at 3.

Either way I'd rather 22 year olds getting a chance than a 34 year old that hasn't really taken his. Even though I do like him.

Nah deserves his spot, been canny against 2 quality attacks, out for single scores once, regularly gets bats over 100 balls.

Not really bothered if he makes tons, he is doing similar to Burns really, interesting the media conceptions between the 2 players though.

Dan Lawrence bats 5 or 6, his time will come but lets not stick a young lad out of position.

Last edited:

Back