England v Pakistan 2nd ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
NorthCountryBoy said:
From the scorecard it seems that Morgan was playing for himself - how can you get 25 off 29 at the death with hitters waiting to bat?

He couldn't get bat on much, I don't think he hit his first 6 or so balls expect the one he edged to the keeper first, and when he did hit it he couldn't time it. He only really hit one clean shot and it went for 6

Despite Finn and Anderson bowling well in the series so far, I find it a little strange Bresnan has been omitted from the first 2 ODI's, he's been as good as anyone for England in limited overs cricket in the last 12 months. Possibly not fully over his injury perhaps?

Pleased to see Bopara with a couple of scores and Cook just goes from strength to strength, I never thought he was that much of a ODI player, certainly not to this consistentcy anyway.

:lol: Finn bowls him on a no ball so thinks fuck it ,,il do him on the next one

What a catch from Kieswetter

Last edited:
Good performance. Im glad the bowlers finished the job nicely as our last ten overs batting was poor.

From the scorecard it seems that Morgan was playing for himself - how can you get 25 off 29 at the death with hitters waiting to bat?

Nah - he was trying allsorts - big hits, sweeps, reverse sweeps and couldnt get it away. Once he screwed his loaf he did pretty well - clubbed a 6 and hit a few 2s near the end. Not you but i'm amazed at how many people think its a piece of piss on these slow pitches to score 100 runs or so off the last 10 overs.

Last edited:
rentaghost said:
Nah - he was trying allsorts - big hits, sweeps, reverse sweeps and couldnt get it away. Once he screwed his loaf he did pretty well - clubbed a 6 and hit a few 2s near the end. Not you but i'm amazed at how many people think its a piece of piss on these slow pitches to score 100 runs or so off the last 10 overs.

Nee one said it was a piece of piss however there was a major lack of effort and intent. Not at any stage did either come down the wicket in fact it took the last two overs to even attempt the big shots. Morgan looks so out of forms it's untrue so I have a little sympathy however he still defended too many balls and Bopara yet again failed to go through the gears and didn't play any attacking shots till he got to his half century. The fact of all this despite being in a great position with the bat we yet again failed to make a big score and only won due to some good bowling. We will lose more games then we will win if we continue to finish like that. I wish we had a player like afradi who is not afraid to lose his wicket in the search of big runs and is also someone who will use his feet. Get butler in ASAP even of he fails he will always have ago.

Nee one said it was a piece of piss however there was a major lack of effort and intent. Not at any stage did either come down the wicket in fact it took the last two overs to even attempt the big shots. Morgan looks so out of forms it's untrue so I have a little sympathy however he still defended too many balls and Bopara yet again failed to go through the gears and didn't play any attacking shots till he got to his half century. The fact of all this despite being in a great position with the bat we yet again failed to make a big score and only won due to some good bowling. We will lose more games then we will win if we continue to finish like that. I wish we had a player like afradi who is not afraid to lose his wicket in the search of big runs and is also someone who will use his feet. Get butler in ASAP even of he fails he will always have ago.

I dont agree at all - i'm amazed at all the 'we should have been slogging out, wickets in the hutch' stuff on here absolute bollocks. There was intent and the harder people tried to slog the more obvious it was that it wasnt the way to go on this pitch. In fact Bopara even wasted the last over by trying to hit it out of the park instead of picking up ones and twos. I was more disappointed that on that pitch we didnt score 265 by playing sensible cricket than trying to get it out of the park and asking others to come in on a slow pitch and do it from scratch.

Village cricket thinking IMO.

Sub-continent pitches are traditionally harder to score on as the innings wears on, there's no way we're ever going to smash teams around the park, and the batsmen still need to work on rotating the strike more. There's far too many occasions when the field is spread and instead of looking for ones and twos the batsmen block a few and then look to score.

If there's anyone I'm disappointed with it's Pietersen, sent to open the batting to get us off to a good start and twice he's got out for fairly low scores with very low strike rates, we've really got to be looking to take more advantage of the opening 10 overs, as opposed to worrying about the last 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back