England v India second test Lords 9 August

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

That was Woakes first major achievement in First Class Cricket in his breakthrough season as a bowler. :lol: You were telling us he was Malcolm Marshall when he was Warwickshire's third seamer.

Absolutely delighted for the lad he has got where he has from inauspicious CC origins, and fitting he should take the final wicket.

The truth of it is this. People at times talk shite and get it wrong. Chunky was quick to point out I once said Colback was better than Henderson :lol: However you just have to hold your hands up and laugh at yourself and admit at times you get things wrong. 2016 when you stated Woakes wasn't one of the ten top English qualified seamers he already had been playing for 5 years and had an exceptional record at county level and he was one of the very best on the county circuit. Woakes at that stage was one of the best we had and a fringe test player.

Nobody said he was Malcolm Marshall now did they :rolleyes: Go on - take it on the chin and admit you were wrong. For the record I also thought Jon Stead would be a good signing. Go on you can do it.

The truth of it is this. People at times talk shite and get it wrong. Chunky was quick to point out I once said Colback was better than Henderson :lol: However you just have to hold your hands up and laugh at yourself and admit at times you get things wrong. 2016 when you stated Woakes wasn't one of the ten top English qualified seamers he already had been playing for 5 years and had an exceptional record at county level and he was one of the very best on the county circuit. Woakes at that stage was one of the best we had and a fringe test player.

Nobody said he was Malcolm Marshall now did they :rolleyes: Go on - take it on the chin and admit you were wrong. For the record I also thought Jon Stead would be a good signing. Go on you can do it.
I think I said that Harry Kane was shite :lol:

I've come out with all sorts of crap but saying I didn't think Woakes was one of the best bowlers in the county game was hardly controversial at that time. He was one of the best all rounders but better known for his batting.

Of course cricket being what it is, he ended up having the season of his life with the ball.

I didn't say he would never be a top player as long as I have a hole in my arse. I would happily hold my hands up if I'd said that.

Your trotting this out every six months is just an attempt to play the man not the ball and more than a little bit boring.

I think I said that Harry Kane was shite :lol:

I said Root was a shite captain and should be sacked about eight days ago and probably ought to review that opjnion.

Rentaghost is scraping the barrel with the Woakes patter though.

Last edited:
I've come out with all sorts of crap but saying I didn't think Woakes was one of the best bowlers in the county game was hardly controversial at that time. He was one of the best all rounders but better known for his batting.

Of course cricket being what it is, he ended up having the season of his life with the ball.

I didn't say he would never be a top player as long as I have a hole in my arse. I would happily hold my hands up if I'd said that.

Your trotting this out every six months is just an attempt to play the man not the ball and more than a little bit boring.

I said Root was a shite captain and should be sacked about eight days ago and probably ought to review that opjnion.

Rentaghost is scraping the barrel with the Woakes patter though.

It wouldn’t keep coming back to haunt you if you were willing to swallow your pride, take one for the team and admit that in June 2016 Chris Woakes was easily one of the top 10 English qualified seamers. Anyone can make a mistake but only a stubborn daft plank would maintain it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back