England v India (2nd test) Lords

haha aye no doubt about that

he was hurling some unnecessary shit at me last night to derail the thread so I think I stayed pretty patient till then in my defence

I think Pope has no chance of a recall now btw!
Nor should he, he was just as shit as the others. He has talent but a recall now would do him no good

I'm a big fan of getting your runs on the board and letting the opposition worry about getting them:

"When you win the toss, bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague - then bat" - W G Grace.

I understand that a whole slew of people, Kohli included, said they would also have bowled on the first morning but I honestly believe Root was more worried about the frailties of his batting line-up than the suitability of the overhead conditions.

I can't recall many occasions when England have elected to bowl where it has been successful - the other downside being that you will almost always have to bat last, and with England's current line-up that can never be a good thing.

In saying that, England were well in the game right up until the last morning when the long-standing problem of finishing off the tail reared it's ugly head again. I just can't understand why our bowlers struggle to find the required accuracy and hostility when other nations seem to possess it in abundance.

Alex Lees would anyone give this lad a go on the international stage or am I just being bias as fuck
I think hes one of the form openers playing county cricket, Libby being another. With there being no four day cricket recently and no form in that format to go off I think it would be a bit like lambs to the slaughter putting them in that environment.

I think hes one of the form openers playing county cricket, Libby being another. With there being no four day cricket recently and no form in that format to go off I think it would be a bit like lambs to the slaughter putting them in that environment.
Totally get that point see how he plays in the next month I do like him a lot, but in theory the way our openers are it would just be like swapping the lamb

Back