England Recall for Saj

Status
Not open for further replies.

interesting that Onions has a first class career bowling average only two less than Saj

One is hopeless and the other is a shoe in for the England side when fit

interesting that Onions has a first class career bowling average only two less than Saj

Saj had his chance. He didn't take it.

Onions had his chance. He did take it.

:neutral:

They've both played 8 Tests.

Saj has 20 wickets at 38
Onions has 28 at 31
Saj has BBI of 4/22
Onions has BBI of 5/38
Saj has a batting average of 8.10
Onions has a batting average of 10.00
Saj has 0 catches
Onions has 0 catches

Straight comparison. Nee shit. Onions has done more in his time in an England shirt.

Saj had his chance. He didn't take it.

Onions had his chance. He did take it.

:neutral:

They've both played 8 Tests.

Saj has 20 wickets at 38
Onions has 28 at 31
Saj has BBI of 4/22
Onions has BBI of 5/38
Saj has a batting average of 8.10
Onions has a batting average of 10.00
Saj has 0 catches
Onions has 0 catches

Straight comparison. Nee shit. Onions has done more in his time in an England shirt.

3 of Saj tests were against Australia when they were good, so good we got walloped 5-0. Bit of an unfair comparison that like :lol:

essex boy said:

So Onions is your new target?

Saj is due an injury and then a load of poor performances which we can put down to 'not being fit' and then he will be back in form again ;)

Stranger things have happened than him getting picked for England - England still have Plunkett knocking on the door and Saj is as good / better than him IMO

Saj is due an injury and then a load of poor performances which we can put down to 'not being fit' and then he will be back in form again ;)

Stranger things have happened than him getting picked for England - England still have Plunkett knocking on the door and Saj is as good / better than him IMO

three, nothing like exageration to prove your point. I thought you would have learnt your lesson with Bell in SA.

tall and quick with an extra yard of pace than most

Interesting that Anderson has a test bowling average of 30 compared to 36 by Stuart Broad. One is hopeless and the other ones Broad.

Interesting that Anderson has a test bowling average of 30 compared to 36 by Stuart Broad. One is hopeless and the other ones Broad.

Last time I checked Anderson had an average of 31.07 and made his debut in 2004. Broad is 5 licks higher having struggled to regain form after two operations during our winter.

One made his debut in 2003 and is lucky he has been given as many chances as he has only cementing his place in the side a good 5 or 6 years after his debut.

The other is 25 and is a future world star in the making who is currently working out his game. Like many before him, most noticably Cook (another world star who I told you all would come good) he has had a slight dip, nothing more and nothing less. Its also interesting to note that England turn to Broad for variation (ie, roughing up batsman), whereas the leader of the attack is a one dimensional one trick pony who is told to pitch it up and let it swing and if it dont well its left to people like Broad to offer some variety.

Last edited:
Last time I checked Anderson had an average of 31.07 and made his debut in 2004. Broad is 5 licks higher having struggled to regain form after two operations during our winter.

One made his debut in 2003 and is lucky he has been given as many chances as he has only cementing his place in the side a good 5 or 6 years after his debut.

The other is 25 and is a future world star in the making who is currently working out his game. Like many before him, most noticably Cook (another world star who I told you all would come good) he has had a slight dip, nothing more and nothing less. Its also interesting to note that England turn to Broad for variation (ie, roughing up batsman), whereas the leader of the attack is a one dimensional one trick pony who is told to pitch it up and let it swing and if it dont well its left to people like Broad to offer some variety.

Broad went into Australia with a bowling average of 35 the injuries are a bit of a smokescreen. A difference of 5 in test match standards is an absolute chasm by two players with a lot of test match cricket behind him. I love the 'one trick pony' argument which of course in your world could be levelled at hadlee the greatest swing bowler in my lifetime or McGrath of course who tried to hit the top of off stump 90% of the time.

Last edited:

Another interesting point about the two players..... Saj's average is going up while Bunny's is coming down.

It's almost as if you've looked at Jimmy's career and worked it out in the second bolded bit. :-D

Broad went into Australia with a bowling average of 35 the injuries are a bit of a smokescreen. A difference of 5 in test match standards is an absolute chasm by two players with a lot of test match cricket behind him. I love the 'one trick pony' argument which of course in your world could be levelled at hadlee the greatest swing bowler in my lifetime or McGrath of course who tried to hit the top of off stump 90% of the time.

one has been on the international scene for 8 years, the other for 4, some chasm one could argue.

comparing Anderson to Mcgrath I like it

one has been on the international scene for 8 years, the other for 4, some chasm one could argue.

comparing Anderson to Mcgrath I like it

Not really - there have neen test macth cricketer played only 2 or 3 tests 10 years apart does that make them experienced international cricketers? Anderson has played more tests than Broad of course but not to the extent that Broad is some wet behind the ears rookie who has inexperience as an excuse. They deserve to be judged on an equal footing - at present Anderson is a miles better test match cricketer.

The only way i'm comparing Anderson to McGrath is that they both have their success without the need for much variation in what they do. But in fauirness that is true of most of the top bowlers around and will be true of Broad one day when the penny drops.

In fact Broad would have a lot more success if he also consistently put the ball in the right place.

Not sure if this is on topic or not but Saj was pretty tidy for 3 overs last night then Plunkett took a shine to him and he started bowling leg stump full tosses. Think there were two sixes and one or two fours in his last over

Not sure if this is on topic or not but Saj was pretty tidy for 3 overs last night then Plunkett took a shine to him and he started bowling leg stump full tosses. Think there were two sixes and one or two fours in his last over

The first bit is relevant. The second bit isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back