England miss Colly..Official.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although the phrase 'catches win matches' is banded about in the media often enough, truly great fielders are invaluable to a team, and Collingwood certainly is that....

..and the small fact he was a good stop bowler and averaged 40+ with the bat.

Last edited:
Just from watching the highlights of the evening session, having Colly in the team would have got us 2 more wickets. The one Cook dropped in the gully off Broad and Anderson in the slips from Swann, both where Colly would have been fielding, both put down.

And with Anderson out Colly would have done a a fair bit of bowling and he's considerably better than Trott and Pietersen.

And that's without mentioning his batting.

Don't remember Aggers ever being a particular Colly fan, but interesting that he's picked up on that so soon

I wonder how long before Atherton mentions it :lol:

Richie Richardson used to turn out for Burnmoor :)

Will Gidman was the pro last year, and didn't do much.

Signed for Gloucester this season and he's suddenly turned into a decent all-rounder!

Talk that Plunkett may play today as well, but I doubt it as he played twice for 2nds yesterday.

Just from watching the highlights of the evening session, having Colly in the team would have got us 2 more wickets. The one Cook dropped in the gully off Broad and Anderson in the slips from Swann, both where Colly would have been fielding, both put down.

And with Anderson out Colly would have done a a fair bit of bowling and he's considerably better than Trott and Pietersen.

And that's without mentioning his batting.

just as well because theres no way colly would get in ahead of trott, pietersen or cook.

i love colly and agree with others that hes been treated really badly by england but it is hard to see where he could fit into that england side, other than as a 12th/13th man which he would rather not do, and id rather not see him have to.

better to have him back at DCCC, were he will get the love in he deserves. cant wait till i get to see him back in the black& purple not to mention the whites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back