England home Tests matches in September ..

Anthly

Central Defender
As much as love cricket ,I do think playing test matches in September is far too late. Should have just been a 3 Test series, or if possible played 2 test matches before the World Cup . ECB must desperate for cash to play in September. Limited over games no problem, but not test matches.
Can’t see again England regaining the Ashes ,Steven Smith is just too good, and what a gritty batsman Labuscharge is. Hopefully I will be wrong.

As much as love cricket ,I do think playing test matches in September is far too late. Should have just been a 3 Test series, or if possible played 2 test matches before the World Cup . ECB must desperate for cash to play in September. Limited over games no problem, but not test matches.
Can’t see again England regaining the Ashes ,Steven Smith is just too good, and what a gritty batsman Labuscharge is. Hopefully I will be wrong.

You coukdnt move the World Cup much and playing tests before that would have been farcical.

You coukdnt move the World Cup much and playing tests before that would have been farcical.
The ironic thing is that the reason the Ashes were moved (2 series in 2013 and another in 2015) was to get away from having a World Cup straight after a (winter) Ashes......

Just bad luck (or lack of planning) that 2019 ended up being the year we hosted

I agree... But World Cup pushed all ashes date back...

Far too late when I was a kid the tests had long since finished at the end of August and the one dayers were on, the county one day final was early sept and that was the season over!

Yes, finished 12th I think? We were at Chelsea that Saturday

Agree weather wise but the light is a factor.
No idea why they didn’t start play at 10.30 each day

I remember being on the way down to Wigan and having the debate in the car about whether to sack it off and go to Trent Bridge (Aussies following on) instead.

Think I saw Victor back out of retirement in the party stand today btw.

I remember being on the way down to Wigan and having the debate in the car about whether to sack it off and go to Trent Bridge (Aussies following on) instead.

Think I saw Victor back out of retirement in the party stand today btw.
Flowers?

He of little deodorant

Who’s the dude with the MCC jacket on that appeared to take over?
Get dew in the morning this time of year
It doesn’t stop Championship games starting then though

Last edited:
Flowers?

He of little deodorant

Who’s the dude with the MCC jacket on that appeared to take over?

It doesn’t stop Championship games starting then though

Back