England’s Winter Schedule

brandon

Striker
Apologies if already discussed, but the schedule for England this winter is horrific. I love a winter series, possibly more than a home series but playing a 3 game ODI Series in Oz less than a week after the T20 World Cup, which will finish less than 24 hours* before a red ball warm up game in Abu Dhabi ahead of a Test Series in Pakistan is insane.

It already feels like we’ve played a winter full of cricket, the lads will be at home for Christmas atleast but then we play SA in late January in an ODI Series and then on to NZ for 2 Tests in February.

*I know they’re different squads, but still.

Aye not good

I resent mo moaning too much mind as he spends half the year playing franchise stuff

I think tbf the Aussie ODIs are just to return the favour of them coming over in Covid

Is ridiculous mind that players who want to be multi format literally can’t due to the schedule

Apologies if already discussed, but the schedule for England this winter is horrific. I love a winter series, possibly more than a home series but playing a 3 game ODI Series in Oz less than a week after the T20 World Cup, which will finish less than 24 hours* before a red ball warm up game in Abu Dhabi ahead of a Test Series in Pakistan is insane.

It already feels like we’ve played a winter full of cricket, the lads will be at home for Christmas atleast but then we play SA in late January in an ODI Series and then on to NZ for 2 Tests in February.

They are World cup qualifying games in effect.

So they haven't really had to travel far have they.

Need to get the world cup qualifying games in somewhere.

Yes world cup qualifying games need to be fitted in don't they??

And the world test championship games as well.

Last edited:
Aye not good

I resent mo moaning too much mind as he spends half the year playing franchise stuff

I think tbf the Aussie ODIs are just to return the favour of them coming over in Covid

Is ridiculous mind that players who want to be multi format literally can’t due to the schedule
I agree the schedule is undeniably horrific but the likes of Cummins and Hales have ducked out of IPL no chance of Mo doing the same

Back