Engerlund vs Sri Lankaaaarrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

f***ing hell, was Tremlett running through treacle to get to that ball?

I dont understand Strauss' logic here. They're coasting and only have a relatively small total to get and he has a defensive field. If we dont attack them they will milk us for runs and knock them off easily. Put some pressure on them, get in a couple of close fielders, have men up saving singles and make them take risks to get their runs, because the amount of edges that have fell safe so far is getting stupid. If they take the risks and get the runs and we lose at least we can say we tried, and this rate we might as well just walk off the field and give them the game.

This is where we need a match winner, a Broad, Swann or an Anderson. Sri Lanka are just cruising at the moment with a little luck and some ordinary bowling.

Swanny is getting it to turn quite a way, but it's slow turn and the batsmen dont look even slightly worried by it.

Can these two not get out so Sangakkara and Jawwardene can get some runs for my fantasy team? :lol:

Sadly, it doesn't get any easier than this for a batting side. As poor as Anderson has been in this tournament its been a big mistake not to play him.

Can these two not get out so Sangakkara and Jawwardene can get some runs for my fantasy team? :lol:

Sadly, it doesn't get any easier than this for a batting side. As poor as Anderson has been in this tournament its been a big mistake not to play him.

Was thinking the same. If Sri Lanka are going to coast it can he not get me some points, at least.

Was thinking the same. If Sri Lanka are going to coast it can he not get me some points, at least.
I made him captain anarl. Figured he was bound to get a good hit today.

Too bad I never counted on England's bowling to be this poor. :-(

I made him captain anarl. Figured he was bound to get a good hit today.

Too bad I never counted on England's bowling to be this poor. :-(

I could have sworn he'd been opening the batting in this tournament too.

I can really see these two batting through and winning the game by 10 wickets. We've got no threat at all with the ball.

Had to laugh at the commentators going on about how England's 220 was a good competitive score.

It was 35 more than the average first innings score so you can understand why they were saying it

But it's starting to look like this was never a 230 pitch and England just made it look like one. I also dont think it's a 178-0 pitch, but once again, England are making it look like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back