Engerlund vs Sri Lankaaaarrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

calm down lads.

we are ravaged with injuries and are up against a very good side on their home turf.

we only scraped through anyway.

dangermows said:
calm down lads.

we are ravaged with injuries and are up against a very good side on their home turf.

Fair enough but we have not even made this a contest

calm down lads.

Have you not noticed we've bowled for 36 overs and not taken a single wicket?

Can't win em all, tough to beat a Sri Lanka team with some of our key players missing.

The Ashes and the T20 are not a bad return in the last few years, no need to got OTT about us losing.

Consolation is that Dilshan is my fantasy captain.....head over heart today :neutral:

Last edited:
Can't win em all, tough to beat a Sri Lanka team with key players missing.

The Ashes and the T20 are not a bad return in the last few years, no need to got OTT about us losing.

Consolation is that Dilshan is my fantasy captain.....head over heart today :neutral:

i went for sangakkara. never expected he wouldn't strap his batting pads on :evil:

really? :eek: i thought they were 7 down.
so fuck, if it was roles reversed would you be saying england were good or sri lanka shit?

No doubt Sri Lanka have batted well, but we've barely made them break sweat or take a single risk in nearly 40 overs.

Bridge too far for England.

Not only that but we have a problem with the 50 over game - hardly surporising as we dont even play it domestically! Even with that being the case our world cup record isnt brilliant over the last 3 or so tournaments.

This is about as far as most people thought we'd get.

Not only that but we have a problem with the 50 over game - hardly surporising as we dont even play it domestically! Even with that being the case our world cup record isnt brilliant over the last 3 or so tournaments.

I agree. Today was a bit embarrassing but Sri Lanka in Columbo was a massive ask even with our strongest side.

Agreed

Agreed with the all of the above posts. In the end, England achieved a par performance, but it was a shame that it ended so limply.

But I take one positive. This tournament has revitalised the 50 over game, in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back