Eng v Pakistan ODI Series

Watched all the series

Willey will miss out

It’s unfair because Denly is purely in as he’s mates with Smith

Good cricketer but he doesn’t fit in

The point is if Rashid breaks down on a morning, they won’t pick Denly they’d just play another seamer as they can all bat

Good series but biggest questions for me are
whether

1) England are flat track bullies.
2) The ICC will produce flat tracks like we just saw, or something more sporting.

Bring on the Main Event.

Last edited:
Watched all the series

Willey will miss out

It’s unfair because Denly is purely in as he’s mates with Smith

Good cricketer but he doesn’t fit in

The point is if Rashid breaks down on a morning, they won’t pick Denly they’d just play another seamer as they can all bat
It’s a tough call however Willey misses out for me

whether

2) The ICC will produce flat tracks like we just saw, or something more sporting.

Bring on the Main Event.

England are the best side in the world on all pitches, look at their last 11 series

whether

Bring on the Main Event.

Agreed. If the pitches are flat we'll be favourites to beat anyone, but if there's something in the wicket I think we will find in tough. I thought this Pakistan bowling attack and fielding unit were very poor tbh.

So sounds like Dawson in for Denly, Archer for Willey and Vince in for Hales

It's incredibly tough on Willey who has been a massive part of our rise, but Curran looks like he has done enough.

Willey just lost the ability to swing it slightly

A fit Wood (how many times have we said that) would edge out Plunkett for me. Otherwise there are 10 nailed on to start with Vince, Dawson and Curran as back up.
I've got a feeling Curran might force his way in. Loves to bowl at the death but more importantly his batting was big for us in the Pakistan series. Really strong team whichever way they go.

I've got a feeling Curran might force his way in. Loves to bowl at the death but more importantly his batting was big for us in the Pakistan series. Really strong team whichever way they go.

thats the challenge to these lads, a lot of them can bat, but its about doing it consistency to the point where you can rely upon it

Back