End of season games 98/99

Was looking through our 105 point season like a saddo on statcat, and noticed in the week after season finished we played 2 matches one against jimmy mcnab all stars, with gabbiadini scoring a hat trick and FL centenary game against Liverpool who played quite a strong team, I had no recollection of either 😳

Remember the Liverpool game vaguely
Only because I flew to Gran Canaria a few hours after the Birmingham last league game ended
And finding a rangers bar in Peurto rico and watched it there
Couldn’t tell you the score though

Was looking through our 105 point season like a saddo on statcat, and noticed in the week after season finished we played 2 matches one against jimmy mcnab all stars, with gabbiadini scoring a hat trick and FL centenary game against Liverpool who played quite a strong team, I had no recollection of either 😳
I seem to remember the Liverpool game was trying to beat an attendance record and it was free to get in.

You sat in different seats and it was full of lasses and bairns.

I think McManaman was the most famous Liverpool player on the field as he was coming back from injury.

Or a meringue?

I seem to remember the Liverpool game was trying to beat an attendance record and it was free to get in.

I think McManaman was the most famous Liverpool player on the field as he was coming back from injury.

Or a meringue?
Says 18,000 on statcat

Or a meringue?
Young robbie Fowler played & scored, I think. Cant remember anyone else, even our team

I think I went to every home league game, every home cup game and every SAFC reserve game played at the SoL that season. As well as the McNab testimonial game.
IMSC the Liverpool game was live on Channel 5 ?

Yes, we had huge reserve game attendances that season against Man Utd, Liverpool and Derby County.
You not thinking of the last game at Roker Park friendly after we’d gone down?

Back