Emergency/Fall alarm for auld people

Me mam & dad are now having regular falls at home, being stubborn buggers they are refusing everything we have come up for too help.
Has anyone any experience in fall alarms on the wrist or pendants that they would recommend, just needing something which would call me or me sister at the press of a button?
Cheers

Me mam & dad are now having regular falls at home, being stubborn buggers they are refusing everything we have come up for too help.
Has anyone any experience in fall alarms on the wrist or pendants that they would recommend, just needing something which would call me or me sister at the press of a button?
Cheers
Can't help ya, but are they local to Sunderland?

Cheers

We (in Sunderland, dunno where your mam and dad are) used Telecare, who were very good.

Not their fault that mother-in-law kept taking pendant and watch off all the time, and particularly before having a fall...

Can't help ya, but are they local to Sunderland?

Washy mate
We got our folks a stairlift last year as they are both at the stage where they need it sharpish.

Both of them refused to use it , my old man said he’d start when he’s 95 , he’s 92 in January .

Stubborn doesn’t come close .

They moved to a ‘bungalow’ two years ago, but it has 4 step in between rooms as it’s built on a hill…
They have both managed to fall down them..
Not sure stannah will do a four step lift!!😂

Last edited:
Cheers

My grandparents are in a similar position as they are both in their mid to late 80's and refuse any help. they have engaged in the services on a company who will at the push of a button, come out 24/7 in the event of an accident. They are based in Sunderland I believe (not sure if you are based here or Scotland, or somewhere else for that matter?). Why they wont phone me or my dad, I will never know.

If you want I can find out more when I visit tomorrow?

Last edited:
My grandparents are in a similar position as they are both in their mid to late 80's and refuse any help. they have engaged in the services on a company who will at the push of a button, come out 24/7 in the event of an accident. They are based in Sunderland I believe (not sure if you are based here or Scotland, or somewhere else for that matter?). Why they wont phone me or my dad, I will never know.

If you want I can find out more when I visit tomorrow?

Thanks mate, just want something which will alert either myself or me sister as she only lives a mile away, not really wanting someone to come out etc but don’t mind if it goes through a call centre as an alert. I’m 20 mins so not the end of the world.

Ring social services and get everything set up through telecare so everything is logged and set up correctly. You can get various alarms with various costs, like wristbands that go through to social services, local carers or yourself automatically or buttons on a necklace that the person has to press for it to be actioned.

Last edited:
Cheers
Something like this

Cheers
My Mam (passed last month) was falling a lot in her last few months, we (County Durham) had care connect which I’m sure was a Council service, only a few quid a week and peace of mind if no one was with her

Don't know what it's like in the NE, but I seen a show not long ago about The Ambulance Service and they don't class the alarm as important and it can take hours for them to respond to it, they responded to one on this show and it was an old woman who'd been lay in the street for 8 hours overnight after pressing the alarm.

A mate of mine from Eston uses Telecare for his 92 year nan. They're very good. Although she sometimes forgets to put the wrist band on. There's been the odd false alarm. Like the time they burst through her front door, only to find the alarm had been triggered by a Frosty Jack soaked Mackem in a big hat bending her over her Zimmer frame and doing her up her wrong 'un.

Back