Elon Musk.

Anyone else love the bloke? Just been reading about neuralink and if that happens he’s pretty much saved humanity.

I love him me.

aye he's class like, liftoff is a cracking read or listen too about space x.
The neuralink stuff with the pigs is mad.

Last edited:
aye he's class like, liftoff is a cracking read or listen too about space x.
The neuralink stuff with the pigs is mad.
Aye I watched that the other day. I’m not sure if any of that can possibly work but if he’s right then we’re gonna live forever.
what hes doing for spaceflight when most governments simply wont spend the money or political capital, is amazing.
Aye he’s saying he will be sending that big spaceship to Mars with all the stuff to build a power station 😂

Has he invented anything himself or does he just buy companies that already have the ideas and science and then promote them like mad? Also do any of his businesses make profits without government help yet?

He seems like a genius with the amount of media attention he brings to any of his business and especially a single tweet which can add a billion or two to his wealth.

Anyone who could put up with grimes for as long as he did clearly has a screw loose though she seems crazy.

I saw an interview of and he was sounding off about Biden didn't invite him to a conference about electric cars despite him being the leading manufacturer. He's a clever bloke but not a public speaker.
Loved him saying he’d sell his shares to end world hunger if they showed him and the world how the funds would be used. Great call out to be honest

It''s easy to say you would do something like that "if" :rolleyes:

I saw an interview of and he was sounding off about Biden didn't invite him to a conference about electric cars despite him being the leading manufacturer. He's a clever bloke but not a public speaker.

Similarly it's easy for a UN official to say that he could end world hunger if he wanted to without showing their working or backing up the claim.

He asked them to do that, which I think is fair game.

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of his fan boys or anything, in fact most of the time I can’t decide if I like him or not…

Similarly it's easy for a UN official to say that he could end world hunger if he wanted to without showing their working or backing up the claim.
Don't get me wrong I'm not one of his fan boys or anything, in fact most of the time I can’t decide if I like him or not…
It sounds clever, but the reality is different.
There are already countless "feed the poor" schemes around the world. Many independant and many part of larger organisations. I wager all of them could do more if given more money.

But who is going to coordinate this study and and who is going to pay for it. Its a frankly mind-boggling task that is basically impossible. He knows this - and that's why he makes such a challenge.

Its a worthless gesture to appeal to people on social media who rarely think beyond the surface layer.

Ending world hunger is a lovely aspiration, but making it "all or nothing" is ridiculous, as *reducing* world hunger is still a fantastic goal. He could do that instantly by donating money.

Or, you know, just pay some f ucking taxes.
He just seems a bit weird to me. Obviously, he's a got a mind that goes beyond the norm but I'm never sure whether he's a goodie or a baddie.
This is likely because he's autistic, so has some less than typical behaviours, all whilst under a very strong spotlight which broadcasts it to the world.

Another likely link to the "all or nothing" concept mentioned above.

Last edited:
It sounds clever, but the reality is different.
There are already countless "feed the poor" schemes around the world. Many independant and many part of larger organisations. I wager all of them could do more if given more money.

But who is going to coordinate this study and and who is going to pay for it. Its a frankly mind-boggling task that is basically impossible. He knows this - and that's why he makes such a challenge.

Its a worthless gesture to appeal to people on social media who rarely think beyond the surface layer.

Ending world hunger is a lovely aspiration, but making it "all or nothing" is ridiculous, as *reducing* world hunger is still a fantastic goal. He could do that instantly by donating money.

Or, you know, just pay some f ucking taxes.

This is likely because he's autistic, so has some less than typical behaviours, all whilst under a very strong spotlight which broadcasts it to the world.

Another likely link to the "all or nothing" concept mentioned above.
Absolutely this, happy enough to take Government money for his spaceship shenanigans, but hates the idea that taking a wee bit off the top of his billions

To be fair the bloke from the UN got back to him, so we'll see what comes of that!

It's easy for a UN official to say that too but I don''t think world hunger will ever be ended except when the countries concerned get more developed and therefore richer. If people like Musk and Jeff Bezos wanted to end world hunger they could open factories and spend shitloads of money in Africa for instance but that's not how it works. They want profits and to get that they pay the lowest wage possible in a stable and secure country.

Back