Ellis Simms

I thought it was an appropriate question mate, not sure where the pop at fans comes from but I respect your view.
“Wonder what those who said he was crap think now?”

Just a lot of threads like this, pointing out some people were wrong usually a long time after the fact.

He was hit and miss for us. Having a good spell at Coventry. Not much else to it.

No bother mate, I still think it's a legit question. Perhaps it would help if I changed it to "what those who felt him not worthy of us" instead.

So that could be us this summer, yes.
Could be
Again, he's scored 14 times so far this season, you want a thread every time he scores?
That's not what I said, I said it gets brought up every time he scores or someone else who we couldn't afford scores. I don't think people thought he wasn't good enough we just don't have £8m to spend on one player.

Last edited:
People were very dismissive of him earlier in the season and what Coventry paid. But I thought it was a fair and reasonable fee for a good championship player. Someone who is likely to develop into an excellent championship player and has an outside chance of being able to cut it in the top flight. I hope we can use the Clarke money to get someone like Simms up front.

he was about 7 million more than we were prepared to spend tbf
Coventry paid 50 grand for him then?
People were very dismissive of him earlier in the season and what Coventry paid. But I thought it was a fair and reasonable fee for a good championship player. Someone who is likely to develop into an excellent championship player and has an outside chance of being able to cut it in the top flight. I hope we can use the Clarke money to get someone like Simms up front.
The Clarkey cash is going on more 19yo French wingers mate

Sensible post.
The lad isn’t a superstar but he’s a decent presence upfront, knows his job and has shown a bit of consistency now for a couple of year. Plus he’s only going to improve.

He clearly showed potential playing for us in a set up that doesn't favour out and out strikers.

Back