Elliot Embleton

I wasn’t a huge fan of Clarke at this point, but he was steadily improving & set the goal up at Sheff Wed. Thought on the day it was extremely harsh to drop him for Embleton. 15mins in & it’s vindicated.
You'd have to say that a player capable of keeping Clarke warming the bench must have something. In hindsight it was a mistake to loan him out to Derby

I wasn’t a huge fan of Clarke at this point, but he was steadily improving & set the goal up at Sheff Wed. Thought on the day it was extremely harsh to drop him for Embleton. 15mins in & it’s vindicated.

when i watch STID season three back and saw that clarke didn't start the PO final against wycombe it shocked me how uncontroversial that was at the time. 6 months later he was the first name on the team sheet and a year later he was our most valuable player by a long, long way

when i watch STID season three back and saw that clarke didn't start the PO final against wycombe it shocked me how uncontroversial that was at the time. 6 months later he was the first name on the team sheet and a year later he was our most valuable player by a long, long way
I’d go as far to say, even in the middle of last season, he could be a lot more hit & miss than he has been this year.

QPR away in particular, he was dog shit. Terrible. Then I laughed after cos he scored two late goals. I think he did step it up last year, then we lost a few important forward players & he became the main man by some distance. Roberts not being as effective magnified that.

Going off comments he makes on STID, I think Neil wanted him for later in the game. Tactical judgement that paid off.

The Derby dullard trimming the wage bill for the organ grinder
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but eased back in, very slowly after a serious long term injury, would have been better than sending him to a team where his supperior ability would mean he’d be pushed into the first team as quick as possible.

Miss Mowbray
Hate Speakman
^^^
T-shirt right there

Embleton? For whom?

I personally can’t see it as he’s not proven himself at this level at all and there’s a reason he had to drop to League One for his loan.
He’s better than Jobe, Adil (on what we’ve seen), all the strikers, Ba, more productive than Roberts.

He’d walk in.

The reason he dropped to league 1 was purely for fitness, let’s not rewrite history to suit your agenda.

Back