Electric vehicle charging point installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had one installed at home ? I’m getting a Nissan Leaf through work and wondering who is the best to use as there is so much choice

I've got one, but someone just knocked on my door & asked if I fancied getting one as the government were dishing them out for nowt

:lol:

What happened to the Corsa?

Make sure you get the govt grant to cover some of the installation cost.
I was getting that because Nissan had suspended the lease scheme it’s back on so I cancelled that yesterday
Think it was free when it originally come in the scheme but it was a fortune to leas the car it’s only 180 for the 42kw or 210 for the 62kw leaf that’s with free insurance for 4 people now so maybe why you have to pay for charger

Last edited:
I was getting that because Nissan had suspended the lease scheme it’s back on so I cancelled that yesterday
Think it was free when it originally come in the scheme but it was a fortune to leas the car it’s only 180 for the 42kw or 210 for the 62kw leaf that’s with free insurance for 4 people now so maybe why you have to pay for charger

EVs are definitely the future so good choice.

Maybe worth browsing for tariffs to get cheaper electricity at certain times too

Just through work on schools etc, done a few over the years. Check out zappi chargers. Not cheap but decent quality.
Thanks for that recommendation.

Just had a quick look and they look miles ahead of anything I found on Amazon as they intelligently action as a dump for available excess solar as we don't sell back to the grid here and it's an opportunity to charge for free.

Thanks for that recommendation.

Just had a quick look and they look miles ahead of anything I found on Amazon as they intelligently action as a dump for available excess solar as we don't sell back to the grid here and it's an opportunity to charge for free.
Yeah they are quality. If you are going to spend 35k on a car you might as well buy a decent charging point.

local firm, OLEV accredited so can offer the grant and not exclusive to one charge point manufacturer so can advise on different options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back