Eid parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

neither am I but I certainly celebrated my extra time off for both of them when working in a Muslim country:D:cool:
Only 29 hours a week to work during Ramadan anarl
Only the Muslim lads got the extra time off during Ramadan at our place and now foe Eid we are in total lockdown.

Only the Muslim lads got the extra time off during Ramadan at our place and now foe Eid we are in total lockdown.
You should have converted:);) Been on lockdown there as well working from camp or home if in married digs. I would be stir crazy for sure if I had been confined there and unable to escape to Abu Dhabi on a weekend

Do Muslims have a Xmas party...?
I was at a Christmas party in Battersea 3 years ago and the table next to ours was all Orthodox Jews :eek:

It's a good excuse for a party :lol:
How did you adapt to it?
It was ok really. I didn't do it on a weekend when I flew back home.

The weirdest thing living in a Muslim house was when the landlord was praying on a mat in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was embarrassed when I went into the kitchen as if I'd badly interrupted it. He said afterwards don't worry about it, just step over the top of me and crack on with what you're doing :lol:

Last edited:
You should have converted:);) Been on lockdown there as well working from camp or home if in married digs. I would be stir crazy for sure if I had been confined there and unable to escape to Abu Dhabi on a weekend
I know it would’ve been great also OT for time worked after 2pm
yeah I’m at the point now where I want to get home as I’ve been here for months now on my own

A lot of Muslims and those of other faiths have Christmas dinner. Whilst they aren’t into the religious side of it (The same as 90% of us) it’s just part of the culture of the UK that they’ve assimilated.
Poor fuckers.

It's bad enough being British and Christian and having to eat shitty turkey, let alone doing it willingly!

I was at a Christmas party in Battersea 3 years ago and the table next to ours was all Orthodox Jews :eek:

It's a good excuse for a party :lol:

It was ok really. I didn't do it on a weekend when I flew back home.

The weirdest thing living in a Muslim house was when the landlord was praying on a mat in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was embarrassed when I went into the kitchen as if I'd badly interrupted it. He said afterwards don't worry about it, just step over the top of me and crack on with what you're doing :lol:
I was working from the Brit Embassy in Riyadh many years ago. A few of us would take a break during the day in a small “staff” room where some of the grounds/domestic folks took their breaks. Purely because they’d a telly in there which was pretty much tuned to football from all over the world, 24/7. First time a few of them kneeled to pray in there a couple of us were having a brew and we went outside. They said to us afterwards not to be bothered and just crack on with what we were doing.

Do Muslims have a Xmas party...?
We have Muslim (staunch) friends of the family. They always leave the UK at Christmas time as they don't celebrate Christmas. They usually go to Malawi, or India, and treat this time of year as their main family holiday period.
Looks like the Taliban have shutdown for EID

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back