Eddie howe, football just shows that there's no rhyme or reason to it

Howe has spent an absolute shitload on utter dross, I'd struggle to name a single transfer that has made any impact since they signed Ake. They can't defend and rely on Wilson for goals who has hot and cold streaks. I think Howe has benefited massively from being young, British and a bit middle class. If he was either foreign or an old school Brit he'd have been slated a long time ago.

Not to say he hasn't done a cracking job there overall (although they spent a fuckload in the Championship so 'little Bournemouth' doesn't really wash) but he was being talked up for England and top 4 jobs before he'd even managed in the Prem.
He spent for sure, but Marc Pugh, Charlie Daniels, cook, Francis, Arter etc all contributed by being managed well. And some still play for them in the premier when 6 seasons ago they played for them in league one.

It’s only been this season where the squad arnt playing to potential under Howe.

any manager who can make a player out of Gosling and stanislas deserves time and accolades

Right now, he's showing tgat teams were right not to take the gamble, things can change quickly though, they have villa next though, that would be two wins on the bounce so things can change quickly

For me , he has kept a team up like Bournemouth and they have obviously stuck with him. That in itself is some achievement. It was always a matter of time a club like that had a few problems. They've played attractive football under his tenure and brought on some decent players, for eg Callum Wilson. It's too easy to discredit players, teams or managers when they are having a low point which does not mirror their true achievement longevity wise. If Bournemouth went down, he doesn't become a bad manager overnight. We'd have him here like a shot if we went into the Championship. If he keeps them up this season, he has worked wonders again. We were a joke chopping and changing managers every 18 months or less.

For me , he has kept a team up like Bournemouth and they have obviously stuck with him. That in itself is some achievement. It was always a matter of time a club like that had a few problems. They've played attractive football under his tenure and brought on some decent players, for eg Callum Wilson. It's too easy to discredit players, teams or managers when they are having a low point which does not mirror their true achievement longevity wise. If Bournemouth went down, he doesn't become a bad manager overnight. We'd have him here like a shot if we went into the Championship. If he keeps them up this season, he has worked wonders again. We were a joke chopping and changing managers every 18 months or less.
Totally agree, if I was them even if they went down with him, I'd keep him

Good post, I do not understand the negativity towards Bournemouth on this thread, they've overachieved for years now and have played some great football at times. The man deserves credit for the job he has done and I hope they will stick with him as he is bound to turn them around again.

Could never understand why he let a Goal Machine, go on loan to Rangers!
Playing time for JD, at a bigger club he might have been happy with the odd appearance but homes games with 10k after being with us and a star of the team? He was always going to want more especially at his age (would still have been the best finisher at Bournemouth by a street mind)

He got Bournemouth promoted to L1 in his first spell there before he joined Burnley.

The owner's net worth is unknown but estimated at around £100m.

No, that’s what his company’s assets were estimated to be worth. At best his background is probably described as relatively unknown.

Managers are overrated and good players make good teams however this season could prove me wrong as a lot of managers in the Prem are making a mess with the talent they have and some are doing well with average squads.

No, that’s what his company’s assets were estimated to be worth. At best his background is probably described as relatively unknown.

My point was merely that he wasn't really funding Bournemouth to any great extent. Certainly not to the degree Short was funding us.
Can only go so far with a club I guess, done a craking job tbf. Will be canny to see how he gets on elsewhere when he leaves, see if it was right place right time or he's a top notch manager.

We should employ him and that would be the end of his career :lol:

Last edited:

Back