Ebay

I'm selling some cricket balls and the bidding has gone to £33 even though I have a buy it now price of £30.

Odd behaviour.. does but it now becomes invalid if bidding goes over does anyone know

I'm pretty sure once a bid is placed the buy it now becomes inactive. The buy it now is for someone to buy it quickly before any bids are placed.
Cool gone up ron£36 now.

I got 7 boxes of 6 brand new balls for nowt.

This is for box of 6 to test the water and flying.

They are orange mordant ones and they list on their website for £13.50 each
I'll flog these then list another six but I'll put buy it now at £40

I think there might be some issues with eBay at present. The buy it now should have definitely disappeared.

I sold something yesterday collection only, the bloke has been in touch to say he'll pick it up on Tuesday and pay then.

However, the item isn't showing up as sold in my eBay, it's still showing as active? I've been getting more views and another watcher since selling it!

I asked my wife to view my listing which she can but thankfully she couldn't buy it but it's still very odd.

Cool gone up ron£36 now.

Smbs very own Arthur Daley! 😉

Cool gone up ron£36 now.

I haven't done auctions in a long time so not sure if this is still an option, but once the auction is finished and if you're happy with the price you can go into the bidding and it will have a list of the bidders and it should have an option to click second chance offer.

Click on that and you can send them an offer at their highest bid. In theory they should buy as they were happy putting the bid in. You can do this to as many different people on the list as you want as long as you've got the stock and happy with the price they bid.

I haven't done auctions in a long time so not sure if this is still an option, but once the auction is finished and if you're happy with the price you can go into the bidding and it will have a list of the bidders and it should have an option to click second chance offer.

Click on that and you can send them an offer at their highest bid. In theory they should buy as they were happy putting the bid in. You can do this to as many different people on the list as you want as long as you've got the stock and happy with the price they bid.

I would (did) tell someone to do one if they offered me a second chance. Its crooked behaviour: they get a mate to push the bidding beyond your highest offer and then say the winner has pulled out.

It way too loaded in favour of the buyer. I sold a mobile phone a few weeks back, in mint condition. Bloke requests a return after 14 days saying he's just opened it after being on holiday and has noticed the camera is cracked.

I've removed my card details from my account so the fuckers will have to attempt to debit from a bank account but I've cancelled the direct debit. I'll end up closing my eBay account and paying them back a £1 per month.

It way too loaded in favour of the buyer. I sold a mobile phone a few weeks back, in mint condition. Bloke requests a return after 14 days saying he's just opened it after being on holiday and has noticed the camera is cracked.

I've removed my card details from my account so the fuckers will have to attempt to debit from a bank account but I've cancelled the direct debit. I'll end up closing my eBay account and paying them back a £1 per month.
I’ve had similar. Sold a wireless CarPlay adapter for £40 brand new and sealed. Buyer comes on saying it doesn’t work but to be honest I don’t think he understood what it was for. I said fine return it but I’ll only give you a partial refund as you’ve opened it and removed all the protective film so I can’t resell as new. The only option that i could find to facilitate that was partial refund but it actually refunded him straight away and he never sent it back. EBay were no help so I cancelled the transaction with my bank. They passed it on to a debt collector who hounded me for a bit but I answered one time n just told them I’m not paying them and they’ve left me alone since. EBay account now locked but tbh I’m not fussed about using it anymore as every time I’ve sold stuff lately I’ve had chew.

There's a lot of vlogs on YouTube about sellers being scammed. It's always happened but lately it's become rife.
Sending back a return but just an empty box. Sending back something that wasn't sent to the buyer. Usually the buyers old broken same item.
A newer one where the buyer posts the item back to himself so eBay see the return has been delivered. Some of them after scamming the seller even then leave negative FB just to really rub it in.
eBay allow it though as their system always favours the buyer. Some sellers are now waiting for the postman with the return and filming themselves taking it off him. They then without stopping filming open the parcel and check it. eBay have even turned this evidence down though. They've said you could have edited that so it isn't proof. It's crackers really

There's a lot of vlogs on YouTube about sellers being scammed. It's always happened but lately it's become rife.
Sending back a return but just an empty box. Sending back something that wasn't sent to the buyer. Usually the buyers old broken same item.
A newer one where the buyer posts the item back to himself so eBay see the return has been delivered. Some of them after scamming the seller even then leave negative FB just to really rub it in.
eBay allow it though as their system always favours the buyer. Some sellers are now waiting for the postman with the return and filming themselves taking it off him. They then without stopping filming open the parcel and check it. eBay have even turned this evidence down though. They've said you could have edited that so it isn't proof. It's crackers really
Ive sold loads on there over the years and never had any bother, but yes theres certainly lots of scammers on there. Its my go to place for car parts in particular, cheaper than factors/dealers in most cases and i don't have to leave the house.

Ive sold loads on there over the years and never had any bother, but yes theres certainly lots of scammers on there. Its my go to place for car parts in particular, cheaper than factors/dealers in most cases and i don't have to leave the house.
I've never sold on there but bought plenty. I wouldn't dream of scamming a seller for a few quid, there's some shit houses about. eBay should do more to protect sellers especially on high value items.

Back