Early leavers

I had to go to work. I allowed myself up to 2.15pm then had to go. I made it to work just in time. Sorry if that offends some people. Maybe I should have just gone to the game. My seat would have been empty all game then so that wouldn't look any better to the TV cameras.

Absolutely baffling and make us look shit on TV.
Drives me barmy. Six people took the seats in front of me today. Ten minutes after the game started. Three of them popped out for a p*ss after about 20 minutes and then buggered off five minutes early for half time. They returned separately at different times and find left individually at different times. Hope they all missed the Metro.

Last edited:
I left at 90’ because I had work to get to. Which, thanks to the roadworks by The Blue Bell pub on Fulwell Road/Dovedale Road/Sea Road I didn’t clock in till 3:03. I was 3 minutes late. But when it’s only a minute or two here and there the guys don’t say anything. But I did miss Simms’ goal. I was by the Hilton Hotel at the time.
They will have missed the third goal. More fool them really.

Even if they are late for work? I was! I would have been a helluva lot later than I was had I stayed till the ref blew his whistle.
No worse than those who turn up after kick off, first-half or second-half, or those who go down to the concourse early before half-time.

People can do what works for them.

I remember one game when we were in League One I think. I got out of work and had to cane it to the game and I got in at HT. it wasn’t a 7:45 ko. I think it was earlier.

Last edited:
Where were all these dogshit excuses for leaving early pre 2010ish?! It's 90 mins plus 20 mins give or take. You bought a ticket, you know the timings.
"Work, traffic, takes me longer to get out if I don't leave earlier, my kids are cold".
Honestly, do you walk out of the 3 hour Marvel filums before they're finished?! Support the team ffs. Do you walk out of shows and not clap the performers at the end?

Last edited:

Back