Early leavers

Thousands and thousands of our fans have to leave early cos their bairns are cold, is that ok. Hope they mentioned that on TV

Managed to find it in a bar in universal, only SAFC fan in there at half 7 in the morning but what a win, what a team.

Onwards and upwards
Absolutely baffling and make us look shit on TV.
I left to go to the toilet on 89 mins with my son and grandson. The bairn had played football on the morning at Washington so they had gone straight to the ground and they left the ground straight away, whilst I stopped to watch the rest of the game on the concourse TV.
I left after the 3rd and when my son rang to ask where i was at we were in Dundas Street whilst he was approaching the motorway on the A690.
He got home just after 3.00pm whilst I didn't get home until just before 4.00pm.
So for the sake of 5 mins there was almost an hour difference in getting home, so this is the reason why a lot of people leave before the end.

I left to go to the toilet on 89 mins with my son and grandson. The bairn had played football on the morning at Washington so they had gone straight to the ground and they left the ground straight away, whilst I stopped to watch the rest of the game on the concourse TV.
I left after the 3rd and when my son rang to ask where i was at we were in Dundas Street whilst he was approaching the motorway on the A690.
He got home just after 3.00pm whilst I didn't get home until just before 4.00pm.
So for the sake of 5 mins there was almost an hour difference in getting home, so this is the reason why a lot of people leave before the end.
Traffic must be much easier going north. I stayed behind a few mins to clap the players, long walk back to the car near the Grange and home in Gosforth at 15.20

Maybe the South Stand could sing 🎵 we’ll leave when we want, we’ll leave when we want, you’ll never stop us, we’ll leave when we want🎵

First time we’ve left early this season, 82 mins, specifically because we had to get back to the car and beat the traffic to get over to Durham to catch a train I couldn’t change tickets for.

I’d been debating giving the game a miss altogether but thought nah it’s doable.

Is the OP saying it would have been better if we’d just not bothered turning up at all and left our 3 seats empty?

Be a fair few like me who had legitimate reasons to get away early, albeit not all mind but can’t tarnish every individual who leaves a few mins early with the same brush.

Last edited:
If you want to get home early, why bother going in the first place.
Your home journey time starts after the final whistle and applauding the team off the pitch.
That’s how long it takes so factor it into your day.
Otherwise you miss out on goals and the pleasure of seeing a win for the lads at the end.
Strange behaviour considering it’s not exactly cheap to go to watch a match these days.

I
They might not need a excuse or to give a explanation they have paid their money they can go whenever they want to and don’t have to explain one jot

I couldn’t care less about their reasons.
I was brought up in an era where we felt we played our part in the match by supporting. We were known as great supporters then and we felt we made a difference.
That’s obviously before we decided that exercising our rights as paying customers was more important.

BTW The main reasons why most leave early is to beat the traffic or get in the queue at the bar. Both are pathetic really.

They might not need a excuse or to give a explanation they have paid their money they can go whenever they want to and don’t have to explain one jot
Yes and I have paid my money and I can tell them there is no excuse to leave early at 2pm on a Saturday just to beat the traffic and be home 15 mins earlier.

Next time you do anything worthwhile would you not like to be thanked......lets say you made a meal and everyone just ate it and got up and left the table without a comment..........Im sure you would feel upset

Last edited:

Back