EA access

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTW

Midfield
signed back up to it yesterday, I previously had it about a year ago for battlefield 4 and hardline as well as madden.

Very impressed with their new library. Currently installing Mass Effect 1,2 & 3, battlefield 2, 3 & 4, battlefront, Fifa and Madden 17.

Not bad for £20 a year

The discounts are shite mind but it's worth it for the free games

The discount was handy if you bought outside the UK, but they seem to have killed that again.

Even for Fifa, you buy it at launch and flog in last week in march, which pays for EA Access for the next year when it hits EA Access again.

..and Sony thought it was a bad idea to take up :lol:
It is in my eyes, but it's dependent on personal opinion.

I can see sonys logic, if they allow EA to have something like an access pass, what's to stop other publishers like Bethesda or Capcom etc, doing the same, it undermines sales on their store by offering discounted games they see no profit from aside from a negligible hosting fee from the publisher.
If access passes become common place then people will buy games that are discounted through the specific apps via the store which sees the main company like Microsoft receive a smaller amount for the game selling, also undermines their own attempts at online game libraries like PSNow or Xbox game pass, the only ones who benefit are the publisher, the ones who are stung are the consumer who pays MS/Sony their online fee then various other fees to play a game digitally for additional payment.

I can't see the appeal an I certainly won't be taking up them up for the simple reason I should nt have to pay money to all and sundry to play games I can physically own anyway

It is in my eyes, but it's dependent on personal opinion.

I can see sonys logic, if they allow EA to have something like an access pass, what's to stop other publishers like Bethesda or Capcom etc, doing the same, it undermines sales on their store by offering discounted games they see no profit from aside from a negligible hosting fee from the publisher.
If access passes become common place then people will buy games that are discounted through the specific apps via the store which sees the main company like Microsoft receive a smaller amount for the game selling, also undermines their own attempts at online game libraries like PSNow or Xbox game pass, the only ones who benefit are the publisher, the ones who are stung are the consumer who pays MS/Sony their online fee then various other fees to play a game digitally for additional payment.

I can't see the appeal an I certainly won't be taking up them up for the simple reason I should nt have to pay money to all and sundry to play games I can physically own anyway
When there’s a new battlefield and sports game covering football, NBA, NFL and NHL every single year that are all released at at least £40 it’s no the wonder people on Xbox snap it up - for the sport alone.

Its £20 a year for;

Mass effect 1
Mass effect 2
Mass effect 3
Mass effect andromeda
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield hardline
Battlefield 1
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Star Wars battlefront
Titanfall
Titanfall 2
UFC
Dead space

Then from about February onwards you get the latest

Madden
Fifa
NHL

To own them all you’d have to pay about the equivalent of 7 or 8 years worth of ea access

Its £20 a year for;

Mass effect 1
Mass effect 2
Mass effect 3
Mass effect andromeda
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield hardline
Battlefield 1
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Star Wars battlefront
Titanfall
Titanfall 2
UFC
Dead space

Then from about February onwards you get the latest

Madden
Fifa
NHL

To own them all you’d have to pay about the equivalent of 7 or 8 years worth of ea access
I know but I rarely play sports games so it's redundant to me, I play things like mass effect but own them already in disc form already so no selling point to me, I can see the appeal to casual FIFA players etc but really you are spending your money for the same game twice

When there’s a new battlefield and sports game covering football, NBA, NFL and NHL every single year that are all released at at least £40 it’s no the wonder people on Xbox snap it up - for the sport alone.

I traded Fifa in for £20 cash when it went free

I know but I rarely play sports games so it's redundant to me, I play things like mass effect but own them already in disc form already so no selling point to me, I can see the appeal to casual FIFA players etc but really you are spending your money for the same game twice

How? I’ve never owned a copy of mass effect, Titanfall, madden, NHL or battlefield I’ve played them through EA.

I traded Fifa in for £20 cash when it went free

How? I’ve never owned a copy of mass effect, Titanfall, madden, NHL or battlefield I’ve played them through EA.
But I have, if you read my posts without jumping in you'd have seen I said I already own them and don't play sports games so I'd be essentially buying games I'll never play or that I've already got.

Myn post mentioned my circumstances and purchases, not yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back