Durham's first XI

Differences in the batting from last year, no Colly who contributed very little. Bancroft is of a similar standard to Latham. Burnham and possibly Eckersley should help. Raine also offers more runs in the middle order. We also need better seasons from Cameron Steel and Clark. So it should be a slight improvement but we depend too heavily on our bowlers.

Differences in the batting from last year, no Colly who contributed very little. Bancroft is of a similar standard to Latham. Burnham and possibly Eckersley should help. Raine also offers more runs in the middle order. We also need better seasons from Cameron Steel and Clark. So it should be a slight improvement but we depend too heavily on our bowlers.

Raine is better than a lower order slogger IMO, can bat the situation, although he is better in the shorter formats

I thought the general consensus was Harte looked better than Clark

I like Steel but he's been fairly modest and slightly praised too much as we were at a low eb

Really hope Borthwick and co come back eventually, I enjoy it much more when its all local, although I accept its no fault of our that its not

I still don't understand why Onions isn't here, he is fit, why didn't we offer him 2 years but offer the aussie 2 years, so poor.

Salisbury has to play

Aye he was really impressive to be fair

My rule is always local first, if Potts is fit he gets in ahead, rest can fight it out

Last edited:
My rule is always local first, if Potts is fit he gets in ahead, rest can fight it out

It’s a nice thought, but both of them are now on the payroll so the better man plays everytime for me. Fair enough using that mantra for any recruitment process but once they’re here it’s all about results.

Back