Durham v Worcestershire (h) T20

Absolutely disgusting that result
As bad a capitulation as my football team in the playoffs when given a goal start
Clark Burnham and Leees please take a long walk off a short pier
Lees especially was in long enough and had enough balls to see the team safely home
I think he was batting with a stick of Yorkshire rhubarb the negative twerp
I’m spitting feathers here.
I said have jokingly to my mate that once the opening pair were out that there was nothing left to cone
I hate to be right in such circumstances of how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
Like watching Sunderland all over again

:lol:

f***ing embarassing, but such is my disinterest in T20 in comparison to proper cricket that I was over it almost immediately as it happened.
After the openers, we’ve got FUCKALL.

Same here.The last two seasons I've watched more T20 games (7) than I did in the previous 14 seasons and do so simply to fill in the ever longer gaps between the CC games and although I was gobsmacked by our disintegration tonight I wont lose any sleep over it.

In fact I may start the thread tomorrow for the Leics game on Sunday - far more important.:D

I gave our lass a running commentary of Clark getting out as Worcestershire set it up, they changed the field, set the trap, fed him the ball and he took the bait hook line and sinker, caught directly in front of us.........pathetic!!

Spot on mate. Me and my dad said exactly the same. Was absolutely ridiculous.

Not long home, still in total shock. I'm not taken this T20 too serious this season as I'm a tad obsessed with the red ball stuff given our good form, but that tonight needs a special heavy mention. To think we needed something like 40 off 55 balls with 9/10 wickets left.... Absolutely disgusting, totally unacceptable at this level. Changes need to be made asap. Some absolutely embarrassing shot selections by the players as if they just assumed the game was won. As bad of a batting failure as I've seen that in this format. The selection of Poynter as captain has proven to be an absolute disaster mind.

More gloom as the 2nds were bowled out for 93 in the T20 semi today as they lost to Hampshite by 5 wkts.
The only bright spot was Brodie Glendinning taking 5-13..

Mind you theres some lively tweets on the DCCC site following tonight's defeat.:lol:

Back