Durham v Surrey (h) C .C.

Obviously no official team news yet but Carse won't be available due to failed covid test. The really disappointing part of it for Carse (provided he had no ill effects from covid) is that Lawrence Booth in the Daily Mail id reporting that he was in line to make his test debut for England in the current test match. With the injuries to England's current bowlers with pace He may get in the Ashes squad this winter.

I'll be down for the first two days then that's my lot for the season which is a shame but will struggle for time off work in September as it's our busy time but given the farce that it all is, they're effectively dead rubber games having had no red ball cricket for about 7 weeks.

That's sad news for the lad but convinced he will be in the Ashes squad.

@chopsfc007 - still think he's a worse player than Salisbury?
horses for courses with these two. Salisbury 1st day when there's juice in the pitch but Carse's pace gives you that extra on flat pitch.
Wonder if Coughlin will be seen as the direct replacement for Carse

I'll be down for the first two days then that's my lot for the season which is a shame but will struggle for time off work in September as it's our busy time but given the farce that it all is, they're effectively dead rubber games having had no red ball cricket for about 7 weeks.
Let's hope we can all get back to the two divisions in 2022 and dump this ridiculous format.

Leicester are often the butt of jokes on this forum.
Today they had 2 positive Covid cases in Swindells and Evans.
The rest of the squad took Covid tests, all giving negative results and PLAYED THE GAME !!!
How have Surrey got away with this ?
Well done Leicester.

The rest of the squad took Covid tests, all giving negative results and PLAYED THE GAME !!!
Well done Leicester.
Jesus Christ, let it go.

Well done Leicester.

Well done Leicester.
Jesus Christ, let it go.

Why? You lot couldn't be arsed to play a game and other counties have shown you up and wanted to play the game for the good of the competition and for those who have spent hard earned money on memberships, general sale tickets, travel and hotel.

Back