Durham v Leicestershire (N) T20

Glad to see I made the right decision to go for a walk and spend some time in the garden this afternoon.

I wonder how many members who have yet to make the decision whether or not to donate this year's fee to the club will be now leaning towards a full refund?:confused:

Glad to see I made the right decision to go for a walk and spend some time in the garden this afternoon.

I wonder how many members who have yet to make the decision whether or not to donate this year's fee to the club will be now leaning towards a full refund?:confused:
I intended to donate but am seriously reconsidering. Donate to a club with current policy on recruitment? Poytner- 4 years of failure yet is given a new contract, Dickson after not earning his place in the Kent team in the last 2 years is given a 2+ years contract. Yet Franklin,North and Killeen have yet to front up in the media after these abysmal start to the season.

I intended to donate but am seriously reconsidering. Donate to a club with current policy on recruitment? Poytner- 4 years of failure yet is given a new contract, Dickson after not earning his place in the Kent team in the last 2 years is given a 2+ years contract. Yet Franklin,North and Killeen have yet to front up in the media after these abysmal start to the season.
Franklin should be in the team lol

Recruitment has been shocking. And the lack of youth options is worrying too
The youth options is another massive issue. I know Durham have got a deserved fantastic reputation for their success rate with converting talented academy players into at the very least good county pros but that has slowed down drastically as well over the past few years. Probably another reason why they are signing players who did not make the grade at other counties.

I don't mind us getting beat and having no money, but at least play your best players. You have Rushy umpiring at Crook today while Nathan Rimmington wouldn't get a game for a decent under 18s side.

At the very least they are getting to a similar situation they had with Onions where they have a championship opening bowler in his mid 30s who they don't select for one day cricket.

Totally. But there was no need to do it then and there’s none now. Only three tournaments to play for, play your best side in all three.

I wonder if re-signing Onions would be worth it to eke a couple of seasons out of him.

Back