Durham v Hampshre 1Day Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone must have been there judging by the number of replies to this thread

Pleased to see we seem to be taking it serious this season and not pissing around with Harmison at 3.

Last edited:
cakewalks like this with half the team being county 2nd XI in 40 over format and not 50 are why England are so shit at 50 over cricket

If the game had been 10 overs longer we would have still played the same team and still hammered them.

Just got back, needing to warm up from the cold :lol: comfortable victory by the lads, shocked at Stokes 4/29 after being carted for a big 6 and 10 in total from his first over, excellent batting by much and benks to recover the innings

I would hope to see him back ahead of ben harmison or borthwick to strengthen the batting and the bowling dont really see what bens role is in the team atm

Anyone explain to me why 94 year old Benks, dodgy knees and all, bowled a full 8 overs while Breese, Borthwick and Little Harmy didn't turn their arms over at all?

Seems a bit wierd.

Cos hes the Captain :lol: also it was very seamer friendly conditions

On to Edinburgh tomorrow. Will it be the same team or will Blackwell be back?

onions wont be playing, although Steve Harmison was going though his paces in warm up before the game.

Anyone explain to me why 94 year old Benks, dodgy knees and all, bowled a full 8 overs while Breese, Borthwick and Little Harmy didn't turn their arms over at all?

Seems a bit wierd.

I thought so too. If was seamer friendly surely Ben should have bowled? Cracking to have so many options mnd. If we could swap Blackwell for Costa, Colly for Muchall too....

Colonel, Blacky, Stokes, Colly, Benks, Breese, Borthwick, Harmison, Claydon, Onions, Rushworth. They'd only need to bowl 4 overs each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back