Durham Uni

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than 950 students at Durham University have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last week.......

"Our teaching and wider student experience activity continues both online and face-to-face, in Covid-secure settings."

‘Covid-secure’ my arse. Cancel the face-to-face contact man.

What the fuck are they doing at these places man? Take it social distancing gone out the window. Suppose most of them couldn't give a fuck anyway.
The government wanted this to happen, why else did they set up students to go into Halls and houses of multiple occupation and schools to have whole year group bubbles with no social distancing on school transport, if they didn’t want the young to catch it before Xmas?

On the other hand rather than heartless liars they may just be incompetent, or both.

Newcastle just announced another 750. So nearly 2000 in the last two weeks. And they still won't tell us if we should go back to f2f from beginning of November.

What the fuck are they doing at these places man? Take it social distancing gone out the window. Suppose most of them couldn't give a fuck anyway.

Exactly that. You are not getting similar rates in the community so it’s clearly how the students are behaving that is exacerbating the disease numbers among them. Short of locking the little sods in their bedrooms for a month I’m not sure what the answer is.

Exactly that. You are not getting similar rates in the community so it’s clearly how the students are behaving that is exacerbating the disease numbers among them. Short of locking the little sods in their bedrooms for a month I’m not sure what the answer is.
Lock the fuckers in their bedrooms for two weeks.

My daughter is at Durham uni but doing post grad living at home. All online and I assumed all courses at Durham we’re doing the same.

If you're doing an MSc by research or a PhD in quite a few areas you quite likely need to go into a lab.

That said, they'll be quite secure spaces and won't be a source of spread I'd bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back