Durham sign Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some cracking batting line ups in 20/20 anyway in recent years but our bowlers just arent up to the task in that form of the game. Next year will be exactly the same unless we have massive improvement and proper plans with the bowlers.

Lack a quality spinner, as we have done since 1992 to be honest, but it's clearly evident in one day cricket. Borthwick will have good days and bad days, Breese is handy and Blackwell is a decent option to occasionally call upon but there's no-one to give batsmen nightmares there. Also, our of our seamers are too similar, how many of Claydon/Plunkett/Onions/Rushworth possess quality variations?, our best T20 bowler is probably Colly!

We have had some cracking batting line ups in 20/20 anyway in recent years but our bowlers just arent up to the task in that form of the game. Next year will be exactly the same unless we have massive improvement and proper plans with the bowlers.

the problem with our bowling unit in 20 is one bad spell can cost you the game and as we tend to use it to give some time to the fringe & youth players, theyre guaranteed to give away at least a couple of 10-15 run overs which really can make all the difference.

fast bowlers do not win t20 matches, its the slow bowlers that keep runs down and the batsmen who win it

Chris Gayle anyone?

Notice he's gone to Somerset with Albie Morkel. Some big hitting in mind there clearly.

Why not spend a few quid on the Championship instead... real cricket, where at times, our top order looks very fragile.

i dunno, i like the sound of building stabilty andusing oue own lads in the real cricket and using guns for hire in the slap and tickle format

i dunno, i like the sound of building stabilty andusing oue own lads in the real cricket and using guns for hire in the slap and tickle format

I can see that point of view but when you look at the influence of the likes of Hussey, Boon and Benkenstein it's got to help the younger players kick on technically and mentally. If you don't learn from players like that you never will.

I can see that point of view but when you look at the influence of the likes of Hussey, Boon and Benkenstein it's got to help the younger players kick on technically and mentally. If you don't learn from players like that you never will.

another great point, and i was gutted we never brought back chanderpaul, but its tought to find someone of that quality who will have any commitment to our county, benks is a complete legend for what he has given to durham, on a par with quinny for safc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back